What's new

Mojitos

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Made up some mojitos this weekend. Unfortunately, the mint I was able to get to was on the crappy side. Not as fresh as I would have liked.

Here's my recipe. In a pint glass, 2 1/4s of a lime; 6 tsps of simple syrup, a good size of mint. Muddle. Add a good amount of ice.

Add hoever much rum (I used 10 Cane) you want, I did 2-3 shots. Top with club soda, stirl up.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found some good recipes on epicurious.com. I'm lucky: there are several restaurants and bars in Phila. that make good ones... :thumbsup:

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What a coincidence! I've never had a Mojito, but I've been dying to try one and now this thread has really got me licking my chops! :razz:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
They are good if made the right way,....

if making for yourself then it will take practice to make it the way you want.. some people like sweet, some like more lime.. I for one would not be able to drink the ones that Tom likes because there would be too much sugar..

It is a science..

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
More rum, followed by the lime bite, and just enough mint to taste it but not overpower it :thumbsup: And sugar is somewhere in there :rofl:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, so many recipes and so little time.

I have had 2 Mojitos. One by a friend and another by a bar.

Basic Ingredients:

Sugar
Mint
Lime
Light Rum
Club Soda
Ice

Jeff:tonguerol

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Guys,
Unless you are making drinks for your wife's Bunko party, you shouldn't be worried about it. If you are making drinks for the ladies, a store bought mix will work. Now if you'ld like a good drink let's talk about some 18 year Macalllan with 2 rocks and a nice smoke. Just messin about the mojitos, they are way to sweet for me.

Did anyone catch the Gordon Gecko quote? Greed is good...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Guys,
Unless you are making drinks for your wife's Bunko party, you shouldn't be worried about it. If you are making drinks for the ladies, a store bought mix will work. Now if you'ld like a good drink let's talk about some 18 year Macalllan with 2 rocks and a nice smoke. Just messin about the mojitos, they are way to sweet for me.

Did anyone catch the Gordon Gecko quote? Greed is good...
Macallan?????Ice?????? does not compute