What's new

Mold or plume

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is something dripping water in your storage. Kind of strange having mold isolated in such a well defined area. post picks of the other cigars and maybe we can help isolate the problem.

Jreyesortiz

Veteran, Homebrewer, & Cigar Smoker
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was going to have a cigar today bit I found this! Is it mold or plume...... Most my cigars have it View attachment 136785
I was always told if its fuzzy it mold, if it looks crystalized it's plume. And it its at the foot dont smoke it. I just brush it off and enjoy. But most people would toss... I haven't had a problem... But I dont get moldy cigars.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

just in case you haven't had the chance to read it.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
it is mold.
a recent study has arrived at the conclusion that all of the things we find growing on our cigars are several types of mold.
Crystalline , fluffy, bluish,white............all are mold.

you appear to have an over moist storage situation,so wipe off those cigars and lower your RH to 67 % until your stash can stabilize.

if your temp is over 74, maybe drop to 65 %..........

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This evening I opened a tupperdoor I had in storage for a couple of months and was astonished to find fluffy white powder resting on the cellophane of a couple of my NCs. After a deep breath I remembered that I had cleaned the new tupperdoor with baking soda before putting it in storage and I must have missed a bit in the corners of the lid. Humidity is fine at 65 and everything looks good so no problems.