What's new

Mold?

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I talked with Greg. Rdomfoto- I looked back and I sent you that plug. My apologies- rather embarrassing. Having said that, Greg was very forthcoming and acknowledged that, being a natural product, these things can happen. He stated the middle of the plug is a bright VA and had to have been too wet when the cake was made to have this occur. He has not been made aware from others of the issue but apologized for the issue and disappointment. He sent our conversation onto the head of production for their awareness. The plug is made in a very large cake so who knows how much plug was effected.
On a side note- he said NOT to smoke a molded pipe tobacco. Cutting off the molded portion is likely not enough. He also said to wash the mason jar it was in with warm soapy water and then rinse the jar with vinegar and then rewash. He said once a cold appears it is likely throughout and is rather aggressive. He was genuinely concerned and proved to me once again how good of a man he is.
PS- Rdomfoto-- I will make good on your sample again...

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So more or less if we see some mold he says toss the whole plug?

Any chance if we contacted the site purchased from that we would receive replacements or from pease/c&d

Also any idea as to what tin dates may have been affected or was this the first indication they had an issue

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So more or less if we see some mold he says toss the whole plug?

Any chance if we contacted the site purchased from that we would receive replacements or from pease/c&d

Also any idea as to what tin dates may have been affected or was this the first indication they had an issue
Correct- never smoke any pipe tobacco that has mold.
The site you purchased from should replace the molded tobacco. No idea of what date range was the issue but he is looking into it. I will definitely report anything passed along. Did you have mold as well Dave? I didn't see any in the photos you posted.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well honestly after I trimmed my plug I think the light vas in the center may have been based on what it looked like afterwards

This was a freshly opened brownie and had a grayish light center but not fuzzy per SE but appeared markedly different after I trimmed 1/8 inch or so
I asked him about color variance too and he said unless it's fuzzy it is aging

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh wow. @3/5King that was from your new Tin from BNB? Wonder if anyone will find wood in it like I found in mine as well... Wood before Mold. My tin was stored at 65degrees and about 49% RH at most times. When I opened mine at the start it looked fine. First time I have found mold on any of my tobacco.