What's new

Montecristo Petit Edmundo (sorry for the rant)

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I tend to smoke them right out-of-the-box. If they don't taste good, I bury them in the back and try them next year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a brief update... Checked out my humidor today and turns out that the hygrometer was way off, and all the cigars crackling dry.

boy, is my face red...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I had a 10 ct box of PE's last year with just short of a year on them < very similar experience

The regular edmundo's with same age were Stella however

Go figure !

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me, that "pine/evergreen" flavor you're talking about was present in all that I had tried, from '07s way up to the recent '12s. I don't think it's a sign of a young cigar - I think it's just in the DNA of the PE. You can also find that same characteristic in the Grand Edmundo, but not in the regular Edmundo.

I don't think it has to do with being a smaller cigar, I think as a blend, the PE needs more time to sit in order to open up than say, the Edmundos. For example, in a side to side comp, '08 Edmundos are singing, whereas the PEs are not ready (IMO); The PE still has that tannic mouthfeel and a sharp finish, whereas the Edmundos feel very silky and luxurious.