What's new

More Officers Killed in the Line of Duty.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Really glad to see this thread, I'm so sick and tired of everyone trying to blame police officers for every little thing. These guys have a tough job to do and I have a huge amount of respect for them doing it day to day, they are a lot stronger than I.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just cant even watch the news here recently is so fucked (sorry for the language but nothing else fits). I haven't heard of any of these, why?

Thoughts are for them tonight and all of those soul'a family left behind.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Twitter post said there have been 18 Memphis Police officers shot in the line of duty, 3 of which fatally, since 2011. That statistic is insane to me.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Twitter post said there have been 18 Memphis Police officers shot in the line of duty, 3 of which fatally, since 2011. That statistic is insane to me.
It's with statics like these that make me more understanding of police shooting unarmed citizens on traffic stops. Maybe I am in the minority here, but, when a law enforcement officer asks you to do something, no matter how trivial it is, no matter how right you think you are, no matter how asinine the request is, you comply. If you comply, and the office is wrong, you take it up with their superior, if you don't comply, you get tasered, or you get shot. How difficult is it to understand that?

Sorry, <rant over>

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
This sentence sends a chill down my spine: "A citizen used the officer's radio at 9:18 p.m. to notify communications about the shooting, Rudolph said."... Poor guy never even got out a call for help. I can't imagine what it would be like to hear a random citizen come across my radio with that kind of transmission.

R.I.P. Officer Sean Bolton, 33.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
A sad indictment of the wickedness of mankind on mankind. May God bless and keep the families of those who gave their lives His comfort and peace. May he bring the perpetrators to justice. His hedge of protection be upon the selfless men and women who serve in order that we may be served.

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Unfortunately this will never end. And to make things even worse, society is so quick to judge on issues of law enforcement, particularly "excessive force." These pressures make a hard job even harder. Despite what the media tries to portray about law enforcement the great majority officers, and ALL first responders, are caring people who want to others in need....I guess what I'm trying to say is if you have a family member, friend, or if you see your local officer/fire fighter/EMS/military around town, a quick 'thank you' or genuine words of support really does go a long way, especially in tough times. Its good to know there are people who still care.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres absolutely no respect for authority figures anymore. Its utterly ridiculous that these scumbags just dont care. Wearing the gun and badge is a heavy burden and takes a toll in the officer and their family. Police are human too, theres a job to do and then they go home to their family and try their damnedest to turn it off and be good spouses and parents.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.

I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year-one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world. They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid”.

I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know. Never less, we are just another tool used by government to generate "revenue".

I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us. And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "Its just part of the job".

I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government”. We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn. We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted-badge wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady's tire.

I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place. If a crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” and not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters because “we all do the same things” even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys”. We are "militarized" because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?” To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexual promiscuous behavoir, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help.

Yes, I stopped caring today.

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on,.................... and I will care again.
Lt. Daniel Furseth
DeForest Police (WI)
February 7, 2014

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.

I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year-one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world. They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid”.

I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know. Never less, we are just another tool used by government to generate "revenue".

I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us. And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "Its just part of the job".

I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government”. We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn. We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted-badge wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady's tire.

I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place. If a crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” and not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters because “we all do the same things” even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys”. We are "militarized" because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?” To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexual promiscuous behavoir, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help.

Yes, I stopped caring today.

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on,.................... and I will care again.
Lt. Daniel Furseth
DeForest Police (WI)
February 7, 2014
This is the truth.