What's new

More Stress-WTF?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Shake his hand and tell him it's good meeting you. Get that initial first straight in the face reaction! If he fails tell him to hit the road. If he's straight forward with ya (you'll know) keep him around. I met Brenda at 15. Here S/F did this hand shake with me. I did everything I could for the inlaws because they took care of me with kidness from the begining. Yeah I ended up sleeping with her at a young age but always made sure she was safe even at that young of a age. Her whole family is the best thing thats ever happened to me. Maybe it could be the same for "IT" :)
Good luck Scotty! Don't kill him. No stogies in prison!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Well, he is "it" as of now until I meet him. My daughters both know that I am not the one to cross. As for the initial meeting, believe me, he will notice my H&K sitting on the kitchen table and the heads of animals hanging in my house. May just clear a spot on the wall and put a post it up that says "Jack" in the space. That should keep his thinking clear.

I have every bit of trust in my kids. But I will be watching.

But, the addition to the view he will get is the family photo of Erica's Grampa and her Godfather. That would scare me straight, so I think he will get the understanding. A few of you have seen these folks.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's been a tough morning already.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Same boat...mine's 15. Since she's still 15 and niave I have her pw to fb and check it regularly. She's a good girl and after reading a few things on fb I know she's got her head straight...........for now anyways.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
It doesn't stop them.

Think about it... Would it have stopped you? (It wouldn't have stopped me).
lmao thanks to this post I had a '16 years ago time warp flashback'

and no. It wouldn't have stopped me either. Sorry Hendo..take solace in the fact that I'm only 5 years behind you (and take good notes - I'm gonna need em). So not looking forward to that stage...

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
LOL, good luck Hendy! I got a ways to go before I have to cross that bridge with my little girl, but I know it will come all too soon! All I can think about is when I was young and started dating a 15-yr old girl when I was 16... her family were religious Catholics and I got along great with her parents and showed them respect, but little did they know that their little girl wasn't so innocent!?! So no matter who my daughter brings home for the first time, I will be going crazy!

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We should start a support group....
Father of a 14 and 11yr old....

I'm sickened reading all of this...

So true that it's God's revenge on guys.....

I think that first conversation will touch on the key points of :

I have a gun and know how to use it proficiently.
The thought of prison doesn't scare me....
I can skin and quarter a deer in about 15minutes, it won't take me that long to do the same to him.....

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
now ya had to go there didn't ya?!?! :nono:

I was trying to save him from outright devastation... :bigeyes:
We should start a support group....
Father of a 14 and 11yr old....

I'm sickened reading all of this...

So true that it's God's revenge on guys.....
LOL Yeah sorry Hendy, I wasn't gonna go there but like Klusterbuck said, we need a support group and I know other dads with daughters think the same as I do... :crying: :assaultri

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Ugh...good luck. So glad mine's a boy. And no it wouldn't/didn't stop me when I was that age, but then I dated "those" kind of girls anyway :wink:. Also, if you need help disposing of a body...

Dan

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
guys, guys, guys. as someone who has been there and done that, i can tell you that no matter how much posturing and machismo you plan on putting out there (and we have all done it) it still will all be up to her. you discussions with her long beforehand will be what determines what does or does not happen. if you have instilled in her a big dose of positive self worth and common sense, then that's the best you can do. she is the one who ultimately makes her own decisions when she's away from the house.
remember when you were 16???????? would a father have scared you? what matters is the girl says no and sticks to her guns. that comes from solid parenting.

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Maybe we can all take turns following each other's daughters on dates...... Kind of like a secret service detail that the kids don't know about......

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I remember what one father said to me at that age when I was taking his daughter out:

"Be careful what you do tonight because whatever you do to my daughter I will do to you when you get back."

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I remember what one father said to me at that age when I was taking his daughter out:

"Be careful what you do tonight because whatever you do to my daughter I will do to you when you get back."
So did you call the cops on that pedophile?!? :squinteye

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
First time you meet him, be cleaning a shotgun. Make sure he sees you write his name on a shell, then put it up over the fireplace, for all to see. Makes a good point.
Having several nieces I can attest to a similar method using a handgun. Most recently with a .500 Magnum while explaining its stopping power to the young man.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My daughter had a boyfriend named Sam and the were in pre-school. I was hoping she would hate boys until at least high school. We will see how kindergarten goes next year I guess.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Im their too, my oldest daughter is 12! Not to mention has the body of a 16 yr old!!!
She's developing a little faster than Im ready for!! I intercepted a few little love notes here and their but I chalk it up to puppy love........but here we go.........! God bless you brother!