What's new

Most prized accessory?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
For me,has to be the Avallo Accumonitor.I liked it so much that i replaced the Set&Forget in my Aristocrat with the Accumonitor.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've been using a Zippo mostly to light my sticks...
Since i took up pipe smoking again, and not having a pipe zippo, i've used regular 3-for-$1 butane disposeables, for both pipes and cigars.

Cutting has been done with a $10 ebay metal double blade type, nothing special.

As for the rest, and todays new finding, i have to thank JCleer1.
Awhile back Jim sent me a Thompson's Traveldor, which has a bullet punch with it.

The traveldor has seen lots of use so far... probably my best and most favorite accessory, and even better because it was such a great gift.

But this morning, i decided to smoke my first Fuente short story. I saved this little guy from a box pass, he was a fallen soldier, having a damaged foot and wrapper. It would'nt be lightable without repair because a chunk of wrapper was gone.

Since i've been saving cuttings, and Habano nubs for pipe smoking, i decided to use some Piedra binder leaf, along with saliva, to repair the SS. Then once i finished, i wanted to smoke it, but feared my double blade might hurt the wrapper further... JCleer's gift to the rescue!

Took the bullet cutter, and carefully removed a nice little bit of cap. Was able to nub the cigar right down to the last puffable puff.

So now my second favorite accessory, thanks again, to JCleer, is a little bullet punch. I'll be using this little gadget alot more in the future. I'm quite surprised how usefull it is.... Not just a novelty, but a great little tool.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have one of the Atoll Opus X cases - fits three sticks and has removable cedar dividers. It's a neat little item - I'm always nervous I'll lose it every time I take it out of the house, though.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Easy, my custom hand made desk top humi. It was made by an awesome lady from another board who does wood working in her spare time. I gave her creative license and a budget. She did a beautiful wood inlay of my personal mandala on the top. It holds about 300 cigars and keeps the humidity dead on 63%, right where I like it. The outside is made from lace wood, a gorgeous yellow wood with great patterns.
I will treasure this humi for the rest of my life and I'm sure my kids will fight over it when I'm gone, :smt051

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
My most prized cigar accessory thus far is my memories of watching the mad bombers of CW (Jerry, Jerry, Mark, Hawkan, Keith, Stephen, Jesse, David, etc, etc.) all work their magic during the 2004 Christmas season.

rookie139

Da Original Rookie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of many Xikar cutters (the one in particular that my wife got me for my birthday) and both of my Petroglyph Cigar Pokers!

J

jckposter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tedski said:
My most prized cigar accessory thus far is my memories of watching the mad bombers of CW (Jerry, Jerry, Mark, Hawkan, Keith, Stephen, Jesse, David, etc, etc.) all work their magic during the 2004 Christmas season.

you know you read these boards sometimes an feeling alittle blue an you come across something like this an it bring a smile to your face....
Thank you Tedski

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current favorites:

Cutter: SAK
Lighter: Solo Trek
Humidor: Converted E-Wave 30-bottle winecoolerdor

But my most prized accessory is my custom Petroglyph Designs cigar poker. Burl maple, 3/8" serrated rod, the overall piece in the exact dimensions and sporting the bands from my favorite cigar: Partagas Piramide EL. I don't have to use it often, but when I do, I truly appreciate the craftsmanship that went into its creation. :mrgreen:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I have a Habanos Flame X-Tend still in the box. Besides that, I guess it'd be the Palio. Nothing really pricey or bling bling over here :dunno: