What's new

Most prized cigar?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
What is the most prized cigar that you currently have?

You know...
The one you are hiding...
The single that is not for sale or trade.
The one that you are saving for that extra-special occasion.
The one that you can't wait to light up!

Mine is the Padrón Reserva de la Famila No. 44.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Mine would have to be the Cohiba Esplendido I received from Castro.. had three boxes but am left with may be three now needless to say they're tucked away deep deep inside my humi.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
What is the most prized cigar that you currently have?

You know...
The one you are hiding...
The single that is not for sale or trade.
The one that you are saving for that extra-special occasion.
The one that you can't wait to light up!

Mine is the Padrón Reserva de la Famila No. 44.
After 40+ years of smokin some good ones and some not so good ones I think you ought to smoke them as you get em. Trust me you will always remember the great ones, every nuance, every subtle profile change. If it stays in the humi you will never knnow what all the hype is about, why it's considered a great one. Cigars are meant to be smoked, the great ones are meant to be savored.

Hell boys you might just wake up dead tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
After 40+ years of smokin some good ones and some not so good ones I think you ought to smoke them as you get em. Trust me you will always remember the great ones, every nuance, every subtle profile change. If it stays in the humi you will never knnow what all the hype is about, why it's considered a great one. Cigars are meant to be smoked, the great ones are meant to be savored.

:clap::clap::clap:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

I don't think the thread is about a cigar you'd use as a mantle piece its about a cigar that's special to you for whatever reason (may be it was a limited edition or a smoke given by a loved one or maybe has some sentimental value) that you're saving for a special occasion like a child birth or some thing to smoke.

Edit: though I see your point, cigars are meant to be smoked no point in hoarding them, life is short you never know what you'll get.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I follow Ken's advice: I smoke them as soon as I get them. There really isn't anything in my humidor that I wouldn't smoke, other than cigars that need some age. And even those are game :grin:.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
All the cigars I have are special and they all get smoked whenever. Everything I have is for trade or sale unless someone gave it to me either in a trade, wish fill, or as a gift. I love sharing with friends and family too.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A Cohiba Esplendido, a good freind and fellow firefighter gave me two. The first one I fired up right away as it was the first CC I ever had. I'm going to fire up the remaining one on my 40th birthday next year.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I've got an Opus X Perfecxion X that i'm trying to save until my daughter graduates high school in 10 years. I bought it down in Disney, FL in 06. I've had a few of these already, so i know they are good, but i got this one as a replacement for the Macanudo Prince of Wales that my wife bought me 2000 when we found out we were gonna have our daughter. I had orignally intended to keep that Macanudo til she graduated and fire it up at her graduation party, but i didn't think it would keep for 18 years, so i smoked it and replaced it with the Opus. And after 6+ years of age on that Mac, it was pretty damned tasty. didn't taste like a macanudo at all. I would say it was definitely in it's prime at that time.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dunhill Cabinetta
I sooo hate you Justin. :wink:

I really don't have one cigar that I treasure. I have a few boxes that I have set aside for future aging...like the RA Estupendos, VR Maestros, Cohiba Piramide EL-06...I have a few vintage boxes I probably won't touch for awhile...Monte #1 Especiales 1980's, Monte #5's-1980's, Hup Naturale tubos-1970's. But I don't have that one blockbuster stick.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Opus BBMF that I will smoke for my 30th this year. I actually have two, one for me and one for my father. That is what I anticipate the most.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I sooo hate you Shawn. :wink:

I have a few vintage boxes I probably won't touch for awhile...Monte #1 Especiales 1980's, Monte #5's-1980's, Hup Naturale tubos-1970's. But I don't have that one blockbuster stick.

NO Shawn you don't have that 1 blockbuster stick. You have several boxes of that 1 blockbuster stick.....:grinFU:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Dunhill Selection Montecristo No. 2
National Club Clear Havana from 1926 (waiting till 2026 to smoke it)