What's new

Most you have paid for a cigar

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
As a newb, I got on cigar auctioneer and bid on a 4 pack of Liga #9 belis. The total I thought I bid was $20 for the lot, but I bid $20/ stick. Yeah. Needless to say, I felt dumb paying $20 for a #9, but I told myself they were worth it! haha.
Well I think you are still better off than the guy that bid $65 a stick for 10 Dirty Rats, I wondered if they thought the same thing or if he just wanted them that bad lol... Anyways the most money I have dropped on a single stick was $25 for a Padron 1926 80th anniversary Maduro to celebrate my graduation from AF Flight training and it was well worth the money!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 bucks or so on an Anejo No. 55 a couple years ago. A lot of that was New York State taxes...

I could easily see myself spending 20 or 30 on a stick if it was somewhere special that I am not likely to return to anytime soon (like Casa Fuente)

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
$50 each for a couple BBMF maddies, which I think is a pretty good price.

So $100 for 2 cigars. The wife was NOT happy. and I can't say that I blame her.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Paid $75 for a pre-Castro cuban Dunhill at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong a few years ago. Paired it with a Macallan 25.......it was cool to have them cut it and light it too.....

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Honestly, I'm pretty easy to please so I'm sure I've never spent more than $15. I think that was on a big ol' Makers Mark cigar in the store. It was ok but I just wanted to try it (*cough* marketing *cough*). I've been gifted some fantastic cigars though by the kind members of this board!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US$28 for a Partagas Serie D #4. Only about US$3 of that is taxes.

B&Ms here are a rip-off.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
$75 for a 1964 Padron Diplomat in Canada. The owner of the shop (won't give his name, since he is starting his own cigar line) had no prices on the boxes, and I went to go fire one up. Well, a few minutes after, he said that'll be $75. I nearly sh!t myself! But he was one of very few shops in Canada with Padron 1964 anniv series and not an authorized dealer. I felt like such an idiot afterward. I even hot-boxed it and smoked the sucker in 45 mins b.c I was so upset. Never had I been soooo sick after that (both physically and mentally)

Besides that, $50 for some Monte C EL2003 back in 2010. But it was fun only having only a hand full of cigars and disposable income! Now I have a collection of 150+ and I'm broke.... lol!

Canada has outrageous prices for cigars... Glad I live in the US now!

But now the most I will pay is $15 for a cigar, unless it's uber rare like the UC Flying Pig at $20.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paid over $40 a few years ago for a Partagas 150 SS, worst purchase ever ;(

Bought a Padron 80th for nearly the same price - the best cigar! I wish I was a millionaire so I can afford to buy these as my daily smoker...