(Teknic Freestyle boots)

and some gloves!

(Aplinestars S-MX2 Air Carbon gloves)

TYLER

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'd suggest full motorcycle boots (A* SMX-4 come to mind, SIDI if you can afford it)

I had a pair similar to the Teknic, I think they were Icons... PITA to shift, uncomfortable, heavy as the dickens and provided little or no actual ankle protection. It's very easy to seriously mess up your feet/ankles, so don't buy small and cheap boots.

Gloves, if you can afford to go full gauntlet with Held, do so. Otherwise, Tourmaster makes good stuff. I had a pair of Comp Carbons that lasted two lowsides with no splitting or holes (significant scratching though), and both times I put my palm down pretty hard.

And, once again, if you can afford it, go full leathers (no textile pants). The first time you go down, and you will go down, you will thank whoever you thank for leather pants. Textile will bunch up, get caught and you will tumble. Leather will slide. Better abraision resistance too.

Otherwise, excellent gear choices so far. When I used to ride, I had a bright red Teknic one peice that certainly got a lot of attention.

http://www.youtube.com/v/sUxbQvxWmWM

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah, I'll be getting leathers eventually. This stuff is just for the commutes to and from campus (only like a mile or so). I liked the textile pants cause they have zippers going all the way up the legs so I can have actual clothes on underneath them. Definitely gonna get gauntlet gloves and leather pants before any serious riding! And I've already got some good full motorcycle boots -- these are just for the 20-30mph drives to school.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Nice link! I'm doing my argumentative speech in speech class (go figure! lol) about why I think that passing the MSF Basic Rider Course should be required before anybody is allowed to get a motorcycle endorsement.
In 2005, 50% of motorcycle fatalities were single-vehicle!!! When I saw the DOT report, I couldn't believe that half of the people who died on motorcycles KILLED THEMSELVES!!! Now I'm sure some situations were unavoidable and feel genuinely sorry for those unfortunate few, but most were due to stupid drunks and dumbasses riding bikes they couldn't handle. WTf???

TYLER

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I saw a guy get cut off by a minvan and lay his bike down on the freeway, doing 35-45 MPH. I've fallen off my skateboard going that fast and the road rash is extensive. And he probably would have been fine, if he hadn't hit the post from a freeway sign. By the time me and a few other witnesses got out and ran to him, he was breathing his last breaths. Since that day, I've been scared of bikes. Still think they are cool, and would be fun to ride, but I can't get the image of that guy looking at us thinking "is this it?" I'm no wussie, big waves and big hills on a skate board are commonplace for me, just something about bikes.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice link! I'm doing my argumentative speech in speech class (go figure! lol) about why I think that passing the MSF Basic Rider Course should be required before anybody is allowed to get a motorcycle endorsement.
In 2005, 50% of motorcycle fatalities were single-vehicle!!! When I saw the DOT report, I couldn't believe that half of the people who died on motorcycles KILLED THEMSELVES!!! Now I'm sure some situations were unavoidable and feel genuinely sorry for those unfortunate few, but most were due to stupid drunks and dumbasses riding bikes they couldn't handle. WTf???

TYLER
Yes, so half of those deaths were avoidable. Rider education is of the utmost importance. You'd think that not riding beyond your ability and not being DRUNK would be common sense, but they're not.

Almost all of the other deaths were the results of improper operation of a car. Although when you read about a motorcycle accident in the newspaper, it will invariably lay the blame on the speed of the bike. I guess if you're doing the speed limit, impacting a car is safer. When you ride, you really must assume that every driver is out to kill you because the one you don't notice may actually do so.

A friend of mine was out riding with two friends. An oncoming left-turning driver allowed the first two bikes to pass and then turned directly into my friends path. He's dead. The driver got a $500 fine.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Got a helmet...

(Icon Alliance SS bling)

And then this jacket..

(Fieldsheer Super Sport TX jacket)

and some pantalones...

(Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants)

some boots...

(Teknic Freestyle boots)

and some gloves!

(Aplinestars S-MX2 Air Carbon gloves)

TYLER
Way too cool!! which power ranger are you??:glassesgr

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ha, nice one Jeff

Motorcycle gear does look funny sometimes
Might look funny to those who don't use it and enjoy keeping their skin intact in case of a get-off. Skin graphs are no fun:eyequiver

Can't wait to see pix of the bike

Mikes