What's new

MRNs Second Edition Update

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I only paid around a hundred for the first edition. It's great as a coffee table book. Doubt I'll get the 2nd at that price point. Unless you are a major collector, work in the industry or want to study cuban cigars intently then it's not worth it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the revised edition which has been a wonderful resource throughout the years. I am waiting to see the final pricepoint on this one to make my decsion on purchase of course. I paid about $100 for the one I have which was more then worth it so I am anxious to see the final cost on this one.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For anyone not following the thread over on FoH... Looks like MRN (via Niño) had this to say in regards to the speculation on price:

"MRN--->PS : As for the retail cost per book and the number of books which will be printed to satisfy demand. This is my least concern. So everyone take it easy. No worries whatsoever. I can promise here. If you can afford to smoke Cuban cigars, you can certainly afford to buy this book. Period."

Looks like some good news on that front.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
For anyone not following the thread over on FoH... Looks like MRN (via Niño) had this to say in regards to the speculation on price:

"MRN--->PS : As for the retail cost per book and the number of books which will be printed to satisfy demand. This is my least concern. So everyone take it easy. No worries whatsoever. I can promise here. If you can afford to smoke Cuban cigars, you can certainly afford to buy this book. Period."

I hope so!

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Thats great news!!! I would love to buy one eventually!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This second edition has been discussed in various forums. Personally, I think for someone with so much passion for Cuban cigars like MRN to go to such length for research and printing a masterpiece like this, that monetary gain isn't his main concern. He could've easily asked for more than 100 for the first edition or printed more. And as Niño pointed out in following posts in his blog that 2,000 copies are mainly for the Frankfurt Book Fair and it sounds like that's not the final number of copies for this second edition.