What's new

My Cabinet Project

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice indeed. Have you decided on your humidity control? HF beads would probably work if you put some at the top and bottom shelves.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
well hell!!!!

if scotty can do it, we all can!!!

nice work bro. very nice work.
You ain't kiddin. But there was a lot of looking and assuming before glueing anything up.

And it's too big for beads. We will need a decent system for this bad boy.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
well scotty, i gotta hand it to you, once again...

because of you, the wife has agreed to let me build a cabinet too.

she saw your pics and said, "Hey, why don't you build one too?!?!" "We can move this and turn that and you can put it right here!"

YeeHaw!!! I got me a fall/winter project.

I warned her it would cost a few hundred, but she said it was better than buying one.

thanks scott. i owe you one.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
well scotty, i gotta hand it to you, once again...

because of you, the wife has agreed to let me build a cabinet too.

she saw your pics and said, "Hey, why don't you build one too?!?!" "We can move this and turn that and you can put it right here!"

YeeHaw!!! I got me a fall/winter project.

I warned her it would cost a few hundred, but she said it was better than buying one.

thanks scott. i owe you one.
Glad I could help. But, your $$ is off a bit.

The Oak alone (before starting construction) was $300. The cedar planks (1/4" X 4" X 36" are $10 each. Need about 40 of those to line it or spend $130 a sheet for the 4'X8' Sheets with a minimum of 4 sheet buy (no). Then there is the shelves and drawers using 3/8" planks at $10 each. Needed 15 of those. Not to mention the shop costs I needed to pay for plaining. That was $75 an hour.

So, not to burst your bubble, but it may be cheaper to buy one. But I wanted to make it myself. Since I am being burried in it (per Nancy) I figured I would go all the way.

Good luck.