What's new

My Cabinet Project

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Glad I could help. But, your $$ is off a bit.

The Oak alone (before starting construction) was $300. The cedar planks (1/4" X 4" X 36" are $10 each. Need about 40 of those to line it or spend $130 a sheet for the 4'X8' Sheets with a minimum of 4 sheet buy (no). Then there is the shelves and drawers using 3/8" planks at $10 each. Needed 15 of those. Not to mention the shop costs I needed to pay for plaining. That was $75 an hour.

So, not to burst your bubble, but it may be cheaper to buy one. But I wanted to make it myself. Since I am being burried in it (per Nancy) I figured I would go all the way.

Good luck.

Cedar? what do you mean. why would i use cedar, or oak for that matter???

I priced out 1/2" plywood at the Home Depot and i figure I can get'er done for less than $50.

OK, 'prolly 'bout $60. i gonna for go the duct tape and use gorilla glue instead.

'at stuff is reel nass

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Update:

Purchased my last peice of wood for the interior today. One sheet of Mohogany for the back wall. 4X8 sheet (1/4") $90. Damn.

So that will be cut tonight and the inside finished by Sunday (will post pics then). Then I have to contract out the making of my doors. Just can't risk that portion. After that, gotta buy a humidification system.

At that point, the wife will start yelling and I will be looking for a divorce lawyer (because I am gonna have to get it filled).

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I would like to see some pics too!!! I hope you took a lot, would make for a good how to thread if you are ever up to it..

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Man that cabinet is looking top notch! Keep up the good work, you will feel very rewarded when you use it knowing you built it with your own two hands!

WTG!!

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Update:

Purchased my last peice of wood for the interior today. One sheet of Mohogany for the back wall. 4X8 sheet (1/4") $90. Damn.

So that will be cut tonight and the inside finished by Sunday (will post pics then). Then I have to contract out the making of my doors. Just can't risk that portion. After that, gotta buy a humidification system.

At that point, the wife will start yelling and I will be looking for a divorce lawyer (because I am gonna have to get it filled).

I do feel for you but I have life pretty good. We bought our house and my wife said lets turn this closet in to a walk in. I so ok and built it then she brought home the first 6 boxes of smokes to get started with. So I am very very fortunate. In fact we shared a nice smoke last night.

Jason

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I do feel for you but I have life pretty good. We bought our house and my wife said lets turn this closet in to a walk in. I so ok and built it then she brought home the first 6 boxes of smokes to get started with. So I am very very fortunate. In fact we shared a nice smoke last night.

Jason
Come on Jason, show us some pic's!