What's new

My Cherry Got Popped Today - So Excited!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
After having bought nothing but individual sticks for quite a while, I bought my first box of cigars last week and it arrived this morning. There is something special and rewarding about the tactile experience of handling that wooden box, opening it, and seeing all the cigars in it. It was a wonderful experience unto itself and, as I said in the subject line, I feel like I popped my "cigar cherry" when I opened it today.

Do you guys remember the first time you bought a box?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It is the Sonador Habano Toro Grande Maduro

It's Thompson label. I'll let them sit for a week or so and then I'll do a review when I light it up. The box was nice, though. :)

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Thought this thread was about something... darker :hammersma tee-hee

congrads! The first box purchase is always the best no matter what it is; seeing that many of the same stick is intoxicating lol I still get all giddy when I get a box

My first box back in the day... Macanudo Hyde Park naturals lol

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
My first box was Oliva Serie v Lancero. Still have a couple left in the lance drawer. Congrats bro. Something you'll always remember!

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's good to hear brother...definitely sounds like you'll enjoy them. I am like you I have always bought singles but I am hoping to buy a box. (But I have been smacked over the head with a few gifted boxes and it is an amazing feeling to open them up and take in the sight.)

Enjoy them brother.
JM

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Sorry, I had to run off to a meeting for a bit.

Here's the image:

Thompsonone.png

Yeah, there is something about seeing and holding that wooden box that says 'I just got serious about this'

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
My first was a box of Undercrown Robustos for my wedding back in August.

And I just picked up my second last week, a box of Noella Reservas... It's a slippery slope, my friend.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
And I just picked up my second last week, a box of Noella Reservas... It's a slippery slope, my friend.
Those Noella's look great! Yeah, I almost bought another box this morning after the excitement of getting the first one. I figure that if I change my expectations so that my son attends barber college instead of medical school, I'll have more money for cigars.

That's a fair trade, right?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Word of advice... if you are newer to cigars continue to buy singles/5ers before going too crazy on boxes. So many people wish they did that after their preferences change and wonder why the hell did I buy those boxes?? LOL

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Word of advice... if you are newer to cigars continue to buy singles/5ers before going too crazy on boxes. So many people wish they did that after their preferences change and wonder why the hell did I buy those boxes?? LOL
Thanks - I plan on doing that, too. There are so many choices and I hope I will always be buying singles so that I can try new sticks. I also want this first box to be a bit of an experiment, too. I'm planning on documenting the hell out of these things: what did the first one taste like when I had them for a week, then a month, then 3 months, then 6, then a year, etc. I get pretty stupid about testing and eliminating variables, so I will also probably put them into a separate storage unit so they remain unaffected by the cigars in my main tupperdor.

Or I may just tell myself to shut the hell up and enjoy them. LOL

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I still remember my first box purchase. It was a 5+ year old box of Anejo Sharks....one hell of a cherry! The second was almost as good. Ashton ESG 22's. There is just something about the shrink, and the paper wrapping around the cigars, and the one that has the cello tail flipped the other way, and the ribbon.....mmmmmmm.... When the new Fuente Fuente Opus X Destino al Sigos shipped, I called the guy at my B&M and asked him to NOT open the box till I got there. He thought I had gone crazy! :) I had never seen a virgin box of Opus opened, and it was cool. we are totally WEIRD.

~~fred

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
There is something magical about that first box. My first box was Ashton VSG Robustos. I still have a few of those bad boys rolling around in my cabinet. Great smokes and they have aged as well as anything NC that I have ever had. Congrats on that first purchase though! Welcome to the slippery slope, my friend!

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Oliva Serie V Double Robusto. Still one of my favorites and I've gone through at least 4 boxes in the last 6 years. I love digging down and find a 3 year old one I forgot about.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
My first box was the original Padilla Miami toros.

Would kill to smoke one tonight but there are no more. Hate it when a good stick disappears.