What's new

My Cherry Got Popped Today - So Excited!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
huge second to the concept of waiting on box purchases until you are more "dialed in", so to speak. my first box, in all honesty, kinda sucked. o)

also, you have US! while there is more than a little "keeping up with the joneses" on here, most of it is just like-minded individuals agreeing on what is the best available currently. it's less "i have to have it because everyone does", and more "i know that dude's palate, and should probably look at that". if i had ONLY had access to this place when i started ('97), or found it a few years sooner, i cannot imagine how much cool shit i would have been aware of sooner. ask for imput, trade for stuff, this community is one HELL of a resource for guys making their bones.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Word of advice... if you are newer to cigars continue to buy singles/5ers before going too crazy on boxes. So many people wish they did that after their preferences change and wonder why the hell did I buy those boxes?? LOL
This!
Mine was a box of Brick House robustos that took me like 6 months of only smoking those! Haha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first box was actually a pair, CAO America Potomac and Alec Bradley Maxx The Freak. I liked the barber pole look and I wanted big cigars. I still have a few of the CAO's left from many years ago. as for the Maxx, I smoked a few and traded a lot or just gave them away at different Herf's. Just got a box of Undercrown's and Rouge's. I agree with others, still cool to get a box!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Still waiting to pop mine haha. I know it will be on something greeat though.... been closely eyeing a box of 7-20-4 dogwalkers.... but waiting to try a few more sticks first.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Still waiting to pop mine haha. I know it will be on something greeat though.... been closely eyeing a box of 7-20-4 dogwalkers.... but waiting to try a few more sticks first.
I am with you there! I have yet to buy a box and don't see it happening anytime in the near future but that's ok. I like the fact that I am trying a bunch of new sticks (new to me).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That first box buy is something special, but they just get more and more special. ;)

One of the best box buys I ever made was a box of Tatuaje Petite Lanceros. I've only got 3 left and am going to be sad when they're gone.

Those Noellas are fantastic, btw.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I am so glad that others feel the same way about their first box. No worries, I will definitely still buy a lot of individual sticks for a long time.

Thanks for all the advice in this thread and others!

Here it is, BTW:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My first box purchase was Casa Fernandez Miami Petit Robusto. There really is something special about opening up your first box and seeing all those beautiful cigars all laid out in a row.

Congratulations on your purchase.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
That first box buy is something special, but they just get more and more special. ;)

One of the best box buys I ever made was a box of Tatuaje Petite Lanceros. I've only got 3 left and am going to be sad when they're gone.

Those Noellas are fantastic, btw.
Petite lancero black labels are another I am eyeing

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Word of advice... if you are newer to cigars continue to buy singles/5ers before going too crazy on boxes. So many people wish they did that after their preferences change and wonder why the hell did I buy those boxes?? LOL
+1.
Also, auction sites can be dangerous for the wallet, but a great way to try different samplers/5 packs for cheaper to see what you like.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
+1.
Also, auction sites can be dangerous for the wallet, but a great way to try different samplers/5 packs for cheaper to see what you like.
Shark speaks volumes of truth.

My first box was Natural Fuente 858's... Second box was the Maduro.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My first box was Villar y Villar from JR Cigars online back when I was 19. (They really used to come in boxes too, not just bundles.) Not that proud of it, nor was I too overwhelmed at the time. Just cheap (<$2) smokes.

I was pretty excited about my first box of Cubans, however, Bolivar CEs just before they were discontinued.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hmmm, I've never considered auction sites. So, "thanks" for that! HAH

Telling me to stay away from auction sites because it could damage my wallet is like when the waiter tells me not to touch the plate because it's hot. You just know I am going to...

Any auction sites you guys prefer/avoid?