What's new

My dad picked these up in Mexico ....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that a real Cuban can fetch $30 to $50 a stick. May I ask what these run in Mexico and I assume that buying a box brings the price down dramatically versus a stick? It all looks authentic. It's too bad the criminals cannot ply their trade and sharpened skills to do honest work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just noticed from the photo that the bands are not positioned the same distance from the end of the head, also all the bands are not facing up. some are turned in varying positions (unless they moved a bit inside the box while transported). I am not trying to be negative with respect to the purchase......just noting things that were pointed out to me while watching a u-tube video on what to look for in counterfeits.... and label positioning was one of them. I am a newbie so I have assumed that I know absolutely nothing until I see, hear, or watch something. Just my thoughts.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I also just noticed from the photo that the bands are not positioned the same distance from the end of the head, also all the bands are not facing up. some are turned in varying positions (unless they moved a bit inside the box while transported). I am not trying to be negative with respect to the purchase......just noting things that were pointed out to me while watching a u-tube video on what to look for in counterfeits.... and label positioning was one of them. I am a newbie so I have assumed that I know absolutely nothing until I see, hear, or watch something. Just my thoughts.
Yeah, the band position is a sign of fakes. With these cigars there are many signs such as glass top, missing holograms, miss-aligned squares on bands, inconsistent color and many more I'm sure. It's a good idea to educate yourself on fake CC's since there are so many around. Some are very high quality fakes that are hard to spot. A good rule to start with is if they are a good price ... then they're not real cubans.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have heard that a real Cuban can fetch $30 to $50 a stick. May I ask what these run in Mexico and I assume that buying a box brings the price down dramatically versus a stick? It all looks authentic. It's too bad the criminals cannot ply their trade and sharpened skills to do honest work.
Asking price started at $400 for the box of 25 but a deal was made for $210 for the box.

As far as them looking authentic, they checked a few things off the list with the seal (though that doesn't match up with the real seals that I've seen), parchment, and other stickers. However, the placement of the stickers on the box is not correct (to my knowledge), the box is a glass top, and there is no date code on the box. The bands are horrendously bad with squares cut off on top rows, missing holograms, misaligned "indian head", incorrect spacing of things on the bands, and I'm sure others that I'm missing. And, as you had mentioned @Cigar Tom , the bands are at different positions on the cigar and are not all facing up.

I'm no expert but these are the things I noticed immediately. Like @Bruce T. said, it's a good idea to research fake cc's and how to tell if they're real since there's a lot of fakes out there

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it is not harsh, you could hardly expect a Cohiba to be representative of the flavors in a Partagas sd4 or an rass.
I was simply stating that that cohiba (which was real) tasted so much better than other cohiba cigars I had in the past...which tells me they all were probably fakes....i wasn't talking about all cuban cigars in general...just comparing that cohiba to other cohibas I had in the past.....re read my post.....other people got what I was saying.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"I was simply stating that that cohiba (which was real) tasted so much better than other cohiba cigars I had in the past...which tells me they all were probably fakes.."
Yes,you are an expert now.......:cat:

Nacho Daddy

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"I have heard that a real Cuban can fetch $30 to $50 a stick"
Some folks pay this for fakes,and others pay this for a 5.00 stick with a second band.
You will not find anyone on this forum that ignorant...............:snaphappy:

Nacho Daddy

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I assume that buying a box brings the price down dramatically versus a stick?
you KNOW what they say about assuming, right?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Legit CCs here in Mexico go for about that price. Right now USD to MXN is 1:19 and you may buy a robusto for $500 MXN. Obviously that will vary with brands and vitolas, but it's a good base point.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Honestly, they look good to me. Seal, parchment, what am I missing!?
I know many have pointed out the most obvious one: glass top. But as shown in other comments, glass isn't the only tell-tale sign of counterfeiting, nor are bands and seals the only other ones (though it's also a good thing to check). There are enough to deserve, possibly, a guide... With images hosted in-site, for a change. Regardless, always inform yourself before buying.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I know many have pointed out the most obvious one: glass top. But as shown in other comments, glass isn't the only tell-tale sign of counterfeiting, nor are bands and seals the only other ones (though it's also a good thing to check). There are enough to deserve, possibly, a guide... With images hosted in-site, for a change. Regardless, always inform yourself before buying.
Ok, see earlier posts and note sarcasm and them me outright calling them fakes...

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ok, see earlier posts and note sarcasm and them me outright calling them fakes...
I did. My point remains; people have had and will honestly have that question. "Regardless, always inform yourself before buying," was simply meant to be second-person plural.