What's new

My Dream Humi-What ya think

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If were me I would pass. I got with coolidors for a reason. For $500 bucks I would rather buy several boxes of smokes vs a single humidor.

Something that pretty I probably would not even use. If you want to splurge on something nice that reminds you of Augusta or golf in general, look for a painting or beautiful framed picture and put inside the walking once it build.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
It is hand painted and signed. It is also very well made and the seal is perfect.

But still, $500? As much as I want it I just don't see it worth $500
I hear you, bro! I agree, I was just saying that those are things you need to settle before you start figuring out if it's worth what they are asking. As AZ said, there is a reason it's sat there for 3 years. Honestly, I'm surprised they aren't dying to get rid of the thing. Unless it's on consignment, it's taking up space that could be filled with something that moves a heck of a lot faster than that!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I hear you, bro! I agree, I was just saying that those are things you need to settle before you start figuring out if it's worth what they are asking. As AZ said, there is a reason it's sat there for 3 years. Honestly, I'm surprised they aren't dying to get rid of the thing. Unless it's on consignment, it's taking up space that could be filled with something that moves a heck of a lot faster than that!
The reason it sat so long is that is started out at $1200. Then it was $1000. Now the sticker say's $975 but they offered it up for $500 cash. From what they said another cat was in there the other day and they made the same offer to him. So, I assume he wasn't comfortable with the price either. I offered $300 cash and they said no. So, life goes on.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I'm going to go against the grain her and say buy that bad boy.

There is not another person I know who needs that humi like you do. And no, you don't need that humi, but you are more passionate about the masters than anyone I know. You run the contest, you've been to Augusta to watch, your man cave is themed after it. This would be the best "cherry on top" you could hope for.

you may sill want to read the Fiscal Responsibility thread again before pulling the trigger, but at some point you need that humi in your cave.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I agree Dave. Scott, how much have you spent going to the Masters and what do you have to show for that? A couple hats and programs?

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I will go the other route...if you want it that badly then buy it. Yeah it is a lot of money but it isn't going to put you in the poor house. If you have been oggling over it for 3 years then it is time. If it sells to someone else you will probably be kicking yourself. Life is too short to say I coulda, woulda, shoulda....go the Nike route and "Just Do It".

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I say pass. In the end it's just another desktop humidor. Put that $500 towards a masters themed cabinet or walk in. To me it just looks like a generic box that someone painted. Just my opinion.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
WWNS................................what would nancy say!
Bob, you finally get it. That is the ultimate question. Damn, I laughed out loud.

Dprice, you're right but you're not helping. I have stopped eating today so I can brainwash myself into believing "I do not need this". You threw my transition back to where I started. Really appreciate that.:stickbeat

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I agree with dpricinator as well... get it! This is not something you're going to run into everyday. And besides that... If it is indeed a very well built humi and seals well you can pretty easily spend that much on one without the nice hand painting. I paid $320 for a Diamond Crown humidor. Granted it was probably a little bigger than this one but not by much.

On the other hand... don't let it get you shot... :eyepoke:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Depends on how you view it... simply a humi... probably not worth $500. But, as an art piece, $500 isn't bad. A decent painting (original) from a juried artist, depending upon size, ranges from $300 to $7000...

If it has a good seal, I can't say that it isn't worth the $500... so I suppose it is relative... if you can swing it, why not?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Bob, you finally get it. That is the ultimate question. Damn, I laughed out loud.

Dprice, you're right but you're not helping. I have stopped eating today so I can brainwash myself into believing "I do not need this". You threw my transition back to where I started. Really appreciate that.:stickbeat
LOL about the WWNS comment. I understand COMPLETELY. Sorry, bro'.

And just to help:

YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER HUMI. ESPECIALLY ONE THAT EXPENSIVE!

Now, go smoke a good cigar and think about something else! :ccowboy:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Dude. I wasn't aware. With the warning of: don't let the wife shoot you, I'm changing my vote to: you do need it.