0   0   0
My Father Edicion Limitada 2011
Wrapper:Habano Criollo-Ecuador
Binder:Nicaragua
Filler:Nicaragua
Size:6.5
Ring Gauge:52
Vitola:Toro​

I couldn't take looking at this cigar sitting any longer. Even through it was a windy day, I decided to smoke it!

Pre Light Draw was Barnyard with a mild sweet tobacco taste. With a very smooth wrapper.

1/3--The opening started with a big leather taste with a long leather finish. It quickly went into a sweet earthy taste with a long pepper finish that was not overpowering. A sweet spice was through the nose also. Every draw in the first third was switching back and forth between leather, sweet spice and slight coffee taste. with the finish also switching with it!

2/3-- The second third started with a sweet spice. It then went into a sweet leathery taste with a long leather finish with spice through the nose. it then went into a slight woody taste with a long pepper finish! A sweet tobacco taste with a long sweet leather finish ended the second third!

3/3-- The last third started with a sweet leather with a leathery earthy finish with some nutmeg though the nose. It went into a little nutmeg with a woody finish. finishing up with spice taste.

The last third didn't live up to the first and second thirds, but maybe down the road it will. Definitely one of the best NC or CC cigars I've smoked in a long time! I will probably buy a box or two.

Not a load of smoke, but a good amount

Drink: Zacapa 23 Rum
Burn: Sharp, for a very windy day
Draw: Slightly restrictive
Med-Full
Very Balanced!

Total Smoke Time 2:05

Score: 93

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Awesome review. I wish the price tag on these wasn't so hefty. Regardless, I will definately try to track a couple down.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Nice review and thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbsup:

Is it possible the Zacapa 23 Rum over powered the cigar some?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review and thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbsup:

Is it possible the Zacapa 23 Rum over powered the cigar some?
Thanks Larry, No, because I only took a few sips at the start of the cigar when I realized I didn't want anything to interfear with the balance in this stick.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've smoked two DPG MF's (#1 Robusto & 1922 Le Bijou Toro) and they were plagued with burn and tunneling issues that were all but a deal breaker (kept at 65% RH, dry boxed). The flavors of these are full, complex and tasty, but for the price I just can't overlook those said burn issues.

Excellent review!!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I've smoked two DPG MF's (#1 Robusto & 1922 Le Bijou Toro) and they were plagued with burn and tunneling issues that were all but a deal breaker (kept at 65% RH, dry boxed). The flavors of these are full, complex and tasty, but for the price I just can't overlook those said burn issues.

Excellent review!!
why dry box a cigar that's been at 65%, and does not need dry box? I think you might be making the problem... not the cigar.

Last edited:

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
why dry box a cigar that's been at 65%, and does not need dry box? I think you might be making the problem... not the cigar.
The first MF I smoked was right out of the cooler at 65%........the second, was put in my "unhumidified" cigar caddy overnight. I wanted to see if there was a difference in the burn. I think I've smoked enough cigars in my life, that I don't make smoking them problematic...........but thanks for your insight :squinteye

http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/my-father-le-bijou-1922-toro-cigar-review/

Maybe Bryan is doing something wrong as well?