What's new

My favorite place to smoke.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Vipes (a lurker who has only posted a handful of times) and I popped over the boarder for a great Sunday outing to one of my favorite places to smoke.

uploadfromtaptalk1373869639891.jpg
First, we start with some pre-fight mariscos for lunch...

uploadfromtaptalk1373869713671.jpg
...followed by a parade...

uploadfromtaptalk1373869748440.jpg
...and the on to the smokes!

uploadfromtaptalk1373869837156.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1373869862262.jpg

Good times!!

Do any of you guys have a favorite place to smoke? I love my patio, but this place takes the cake.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool, when I was stationed in 29 palms and Yuma we'd go over all the time, didn't quite appreciate it as much back then.

I thoroughly enjoy smoking on my patio, however, my favorite place would be sitting on the deck at dads, quite, peaceful, with a heck of the view of the woods.

iPhone5 from tapatalk sent was this.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would have to say on the boat waiting for a bite. Nothing like cold brews and sunshine it's amazing.

I also really enjoy a good stick in the pool something really relaxing about it. And the patio is always a plus too.

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Currently my back yard patio. Lived downtown for 2 years above the bars and cigar bar but never just had peace and quite to relax to. So now that I have a backyard its nice to just chill out there and read or surf the interwebs. Would be really cool to go across the boarder though and have fun such as that!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
haha, great spot to smoke a cigar indeed! :) I lived on SoCal for a couple years and definitely regret never making it there...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
haha, great spot to smoke a cigar indeed! :) I lived on SoCal for a couple years and definitely regret never making it there...
Next time you think about heading down, let me know. Maybe we could time it...

One of these days I hope to do the same with you sean!

As for you, Scott, the week after the BOTL herf is when the next fight is... I'm currently trying to convince Nicole to go with me for our anniversary, but I'm not sure she's going for it, yet.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My favorite place used to be my front porch, but with the weather and the increase in insects from my neighbor having their house treated it's become less tolerable. Now, I'd say it would be either down at the B&M or out playing pool.

Looks like you guys had a good time for sure! I've only been to Mexico a few times, but I imagine it must be nice to have the option to just drive over for the day and enjoy the culture (not that it isn't prevalent in SoCal, but you know...).

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
My favorite place used to be my front porch, but with the weather and the increase in insects from my neighbor having their house treated it's become less tolerable. Now, I'd say it would be either down at the B&M or out playing pool.

Looks like you guys had a good time for sure! I've only been to Mexico a few times, but I imagine it must be nice to have the option to just drive over for the day and enjoy the culture (not that it isn't prevalent in SoCal, but you know...).
You know, there is a difference between the culture here in San Diego and the culture in Tijuana... I think that has a lot to do with the fact that most migrants skip over San Diego and head to Los Angeles, so the Mexican population in San Diego is more "Americanized," because they've been here for more generations than the newer families in Los Angeles. That, combined with the enclave effect which helps to preserve out-group cultural practices in settlement host nations.

Sorry, this is the kind of stuff I geek out on...

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You know, there is a difference between the culture here in San Diego and the culture in Tijuana... I think that has a lot to do with the fact that most migrants skip over San Diego and head to Los Angeles, so the Mexican population in San Diego is more "Americanized," because they've been here for more generations than the newer families in Los Angeles. That, combined with the enclave effect which helps to preserve out-group cultural practices in settlement host nations.

Sorry, this is the kind of stuff I geek out on...

Ha, no worries. I certainly wouldn't refute a difference between Mexican culture and Mexican-American culture. I've just noticed that in my experience Mexican immigrants are more able to combat acculturation pressures, especially so close to the border. I've only been to California a few times, so most of my understanding comes from Texas and of course the population here in Florida which continues to grow. It's not to say that after a generation or two the children raised in the US wouldn't identify more with being American, but American culture is a hodge podge of other ethnic cultures itself. It's been a long time since I studied any sociology, so I may be behind the curve... :laugh: