What's new

My first Padron dinner coming up!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all. It has been VERY long since I've posted on here and I apologize for the hiatus but prepping for grad school has presented many complications (all smoothed over now, thank the Lord).

So on December 1st I'm going to do something I've wanted to do since I was 18: the annual Padron dinner that's hosted here in Charlotte, NC. Normally its at Morton's Steakhouse, but this year Sullivan's (from what I hear it's better anyways) has the duty.

Normally, I'd be thrilled to be at this kind of dinner but Jorge Padron is really upping the ante in 2009 for we recession-stricken Americans...

No, you're not reading that wrong. Those ARE the cigars that will be handed out at the event regardless of if you buy a box or not. To say I'm excited would be quite the understatement...

So have any of the Brothers been to one of these? If so, how was it?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I wish I could go to that. it sounds like it's going to be a great time for all. Hmm, 40 & 80 years *drool*

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow - so you get $60+ worth of cigars & a killer meal for $75 - I'd be all over that. Congrats!

Interested in getting some 44ths if they are available at the event - PM sent!

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
My local B&M did a Birthday Dinner earlier this year for Avo at the Sullivan's Steak House here in Raleigh. A great time was had by all attending!

Bull, just out of curiousity, is there a B&M associated with your dinner?
(with it being in Charlotte I would be surprised if it wasn't TinderBox!)

Toast

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prob the BEST ever tasting event I've ever seen, usually it's crap cigars an high price. Done Deal. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Larry, yes, it's being sponsored by Tinder Box. Apparently the one at South Park Mall in Charlotte sells the most cigars out of any Tinder Box in the US so they usually get some pretty awesome cigar gurus to come to town.

My local B&M did a Birthday Dinner earlier this year for Avo at the Sullivan's Steak House here in Raleigh. A great time was had by all attending!

Bull, just out of curiousity, is there a B&M associated with your dinner?
(with it being in Charlotte I would be surprised if it wasn't TinderBox!)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wow, sounds like a great time out! I missed out on a Padron event last year and been kicking myself since. Definitely go and have a good time.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm sooooo freeeeeeaaakin jelous right now...and pissed...All these functions happen down south. They need to spread the love up here in the north too!!
:hanghead:

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sounds like a great time. $75 is an awesome price for those three cigars and dinner. I only wish padron was coming to philly!