What's new

My First Palio Cutter

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I just got mine in. After all the praise etc. asked for one for my birthday and hinted,(via giving her Rons Website) where a gift could be purchased. Daughter had one sent. This is very nice. Now to compare.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm still on the fence about buying a Palio or a SAK. I've never used a Palio, whereas I have used (and loved) a SAK...but the way you guys talk, it seems like I'd be doing myself a disservice by NOT buying a Palio!

<shrug>

I just dunno yet.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm still on the fence about buying a Palio or a SAK. I've never used a Palio, whereas I have used (and loved) a SAK...but the way you guys talk, it seems like I'd be doing myself a disservice by NOT buying a Palio!

<shrug>

I just dunno yet.
Get both. I love my SAK and it will always come first but this Palio will travel witht me when the SAK can be a problem.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I just dunno yet.
You won't be sorry with either but the Palio is a lot less bulky to carry and by far the best guillotine cutter ever made.

~Mark

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
The Palio is definitely a great alternative to the SAK when flying. :thumbsup:
Interesting that you say that - I have had guillotine cutters (cheap ones, thankfully) confisated at the airport. I keep a punch in my briefcase just in case the guillotine doesn't make it through. If I would pay attention and stop leaving lighters in my bags they wouldn't find the cutters to begin with. I guess that's my solution right there.

Anyone else had a cutter confiscated?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Interesting that you say that - I have had guillotine cutters (cheap ones, thankfully) confisated at the airport. I keep a punch in my briefcase just in case the guillotine doesn't make it through. If I would pay attention and stop leaving lighters in my bags they wouldn't find the cutters to begin with. I guess that's my solution right there.

Anyone else had a cutter confiscated?
Cutters have been on the approved list for quite a while now. I lost a few in the early days but not for over a year now.