What's new

My First Palio Cutter

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Cutters have been on the approved list for quite a while now. I lost a few in the early days but not for over a year now.
Really... come to think of it, the last time I had one taken was in January of last year. I distinctly remember a TSA rep telling me "sir, that's considered a knife" and further compared it to a box cutter. Maybe I'll give it another shot with a cheap one next week.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Is this a box code Ray?
Mine came with a card with the guys Initials that did the assembly "JS" on Nov 7, 2006.

"JS" is Jack aka cigartexan

www.Cigarmony.com - Luxury Cigar Accessories & Apparel

www.GetThePuck.com - The Puck Humidifier & RH Beads!

Mine said "JS" as well. Glad to know who assembled it, thanks Mark.

Peace

I guess so!:peace: :applause:

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i orderd another palio today from dave over at heartfelt,this one is for the car.

my original is over a year old and still cuts like the first day i got it

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Great advice - thanks Tom. I don't like to give the TSA reps a hard time because I don't want to be "that guy", but I don't want them to take my stuff either.

I love that they have a listing for "Toy Transformer Robots".

End threadjack. Sorry Chuck.
yea but you should be able to carry your cutter if they allow you to

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
sak and palio are new to me,,, never heard of them before finding this board. i saved up for my xikar xi3! had it for about a year when the nut fell out. they replaced it with no questions. i love that type of customer service. so, is there a problem with the xi3? never had a problem with the cut....

thanks in advance,

jeff

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
No problem with the Xikars, I still own one but the other two cut so much better IMO

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
sak and palio are new to me,,, never heard of them before finding this board. i saved up for my xikar xi3! had it for about a year when the nut fell out. they replaced it with no questions. i love that type of customer service. so, is there a problem with the xi3? never had a problem with the cut....

thanks in advance,

jeff
Not at all dude. I have two xikars that I truly love but they are expensive and a litttle heavy. One goes in the Mercedes and one in my lounge. I have a SAK swiss army knife that my daughter gave me for christmas. It has a cutter that is incredibly sharp scissors. The Palio will be my travel cutter. Slip in the pocket etc. I have found you can never have enough cutters. I just got tired of junky chaep ones.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well I did it, I pulled the trigger and ordered my first palio yesterday. I can hardly wait to see what the fuss is all about!
Sweet, let us know what you think. So far I've used mine to a limited degree but I've liked it. I'm not sure if it's light years ahead of anything in terms of cut quality...but it is certainly better than most cheap cutters. That being said, I could get buy just fine with cheap guillotines and punches, but if you've got the money to get a lifetime cutter it's certainly the best way to go. I've never used a Xikar, so I can't give you a comparison.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
just ordered the carbon,,, matches my buck carbon pocket knife! too cool!!

i am soooo glad i don't have a wife! just another day of OT!!!