What's new

My first RASS

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, so many people like RASS. I bought a box and been smoking them here and there and dont like them at all...if anyone wants to do a trade for what ever rass i have hit me up

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Ah, yes. I remember my first RASS. I believe that everyone remembers their first kiss, first love, and first RASS. Actually, @ApeSmokes told us on vHerf that his first kiss, love, and RASS were all at the same time with a RASS from box code NAD DEC 15.

Anyway, my first RASS was when I had the pleasure of traveling cross country on a moped with @GoBison. No, we didn't have separate mopeds, he thought it would be better quality time for us to share the same moped. He was wrong but I digress.

I told @GoBison to take the handlebars for a minute while I rummage through my moped traveldor and I found the RASS just begging to be smoked. I took my time toasting the foot with matches (the moped didn't go very fast so the wind wasn't an issue) and then took that first draw. It was such a magical taste that I lifted my arms high in the air while screaming victory. I swear I even heard angels singing. All of a sudden, the moped got a boost in speed that caught me by surprise. I put my arms down and took the handlebars back from @GoBison except, there were no @GoBison hands to be removed. I looked back and he was gone. My excitement for the flavor profile on that RASS must have sent him flying off the back of that bike.

Come to think of it, we were in South Dakota when it happened. I wonder if that's how he ended up at a school like NDSU...

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Ah, yes. I remember my first RASS. I believe that everyone remembers their first kiss, first love, and first RASS. Actually, @ApeSmokes told us on vHerf that his first kiss, love, and RASS were all at the same time with a RASS from box code NAD DEC 15.

Anyway, my first RASS was when I had the pleasure of traveling cross country on a moped with @GoBison. No, we didn't have separate mopeds, he thought it would be better quality time for us to share the same moped. He was wrong but I digress.

I told @GoBison to take the handlebars for a minute while I rummage through my moped traveldor and I found the RASS just begging to be smoked. I took my time toasting the foot with matches (the moped didn't go very fast so the wind wasn't an issue) and then took that first draw. It was such a magical taste that I lifted my arms high in the air while screaming victory. I swear I even heard angels singing. All of a sudden, the moped got a boost in speed that caught me by surprise. I put my arms down and took the handlebars back from @GoBison except, there were no @GoBison hands to be removed. I looked back and he was gone. My excitement for the flavor profile on that RASS must have sent him flying off the back of that bike.

Come to think of it, we were in South Dakota when it happened. I wonder if that's how he ended up at a school like NDSU...
images.jpg

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

Well, I must have been drunk and silly when I told you that, because my first RASS had SAK JUL box code.
I remember it distinctly, because it reminded me of a location my wife wants me to get a piercing. She's an exciting gal, that one.
Anyway, I was thinking about sacks and jewels and piercings while I lit it up, but I must have gotten it from @Glassman 's special stash because the aroma as I lit immediately reminded me of a Turkish bath house in August. Now just a side note here, Turkish bath houses are best in winter, preferably immediately after they've cleaned the back hair skimmers. But Summer is a better time to go if you want your cultural horizons broadened.
Anyway, I digress...the RASS either had the misfortune of being one of Jeremy's experiments, or it had been carried for 3 days in the armpit of a sweaty fat man before being infused with my grandmother's perfume. It was not the worst experience I've had with a cigar (ask @Opie about the Cornish hen incident), but it was the worst experience I had that day.
Definitely not a smoke I'll ever forget, especially since I think about it every time I walk by the 99¢ piercing store in back of the chinese dry cleaners.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Well, I must have been drunk and silly when I told you that, because my first RASS had SAK JUL box code.
I remember it distinctly, because it reminded me of a location my wife wants me to get a piercing. She's an exciting gal, that one.
Anyway, I was thinking about sacks and jewels and piercings while I lit it up, but I must have gotten it from @Glassman 's special stash because the aroma as I lit immediately reminded me of a Turkish bath house in August. Now just a side note here, Turkish bath houses are best in winter, preferably immediately after they've cleaned the back hair skimmers. But Summer is a better time to go if you want your cultural horizons broadened.
Anyway, I digress...the RASS either had the misfortune of being one of Jeremy's experiments, or it had been carried for 3 days in the armpit of a sweaty fat man before being infused with my grandmother's perfume. It was not the worst experience I've had with a cigar (ask @Opie about the Cornish hen incident), but it was the worst experience I had that day.
Definitely not a smoke I'll ever forget, especially since I think about it every time I walk by the 99¢ piercing store in back of the chinese dry cleaners.
I though we were never to speak of the Cornish game hen night? :bag:

Rating - 100%
157   0   0

giphy (3).gif giphy (5).gif
7O2QsX.gif tenor (3).gif
ND - born & raised Brother!
4KITC2.gif

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your box has barely hit the one year mark. Another option to selling/trading is to stick that box in the back of your humidor and forget about it until May of next year. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you find.
I have smoked all cuban cigars ive ever bought within a week of receiving it. The RASS along with R&J wide churchill are the only two cigars that i just dont enjoy right after getting them and little bit later on. All other cigars i like right away and they keep getting better.

Also, since i really didnt enjoy any of them, ive given a bunch away to friends and down to 8 so no point in putting them away.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have smoked all cuban cigars ive ever bought within a week of receiving it. The RASS along with R&J wide churchill are the only two cigars that i just dont enjoy right after getting them and little bit later on. All other cigars i like right away and they keep getting better.

Also, since i really didnt enjoy any of them, ive given a bunch away to friends and down to 8 so no point in putting them away.
@qpzmide told me a story not long ago.. One of the first Cubans he really loved he got in his newbie trade. Believe it was a Juan Lopez. Blew his mind. So he ordered a box. Tried them when they arrived and thought, WTF? These suck! Threw them in the back of the humidor and forgot about them. Tried one not even a year later and couldn't believe what an improvement it had made.

Despite some Bs you'll hear, they vary a lot by batch more than just Marca. And the time till hitting a sweet spot will vary accordingly. Just something to keep in mind. But also, not every blend is for every palate.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@qpzmide told me a story not long ago.. One of the first Cubans he really loved he got in his newbie trade. Believe it was a Juan Lopez. Blew his mind. So he ordered a box. Tried them when they arrived and thought, WTF? These suck! Threw them in the back of the humidor and forgot about them. Tried one not even a year later and couldn't believe what an improvement it had made.

Despite some Bs you'll hear, they vary a lot by batch more than just Marca. And the time till hitting a sweet spot will vary accordingly. Just something to keep in mind. But also, not every blend is for every palate.
Interesting. You know to be honest, that was my plan but all my friends know i have cuban cigars so they always ask me for one here one there. So this box has turned into a giveaway lol im not giving away my cohibas or trinidad hahaha and by the way, JL#2 is a great cigar. I have a box (bought around the same time as rass) and smoked about 5 from the box and enjoyed every single one.