What's new

My first really good crop of PLUME!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I found, in the bottom of my humi, an AF Chateau Maduro covered in PLUME! It had been in the bottom drawer, best I can remember since about April 05. I was so proud of myself that I immediately poured some rum, carefully clipped it, went out to the patio and enjoyed a very nice smoke. What a nice surprise...

BTW, the cello was still on!:stretchgr

Now, I've gotta go buy a box!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I've noticed that my higher end Fuentes start to develop plume around the 6 month mark in storage. I really enjoy the Hemi line after 6 months in the box!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.............plume. What exactly does it look like? Some day, I'll get some cigars that I will want to keep and age, and I'd really like to see what plume is so I dont accidently throw out the aged sticks because I thought they had mold or something. 'Cause that would suck.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

I found this guy festering away in my humidor about a six months ago. It took about 2 weeks for it to grow that coat. As soon as I noticed it, I took all of them out and placed in tupperdor, wiped them off and smoked the box up in about a month. Didn't affect the taste, but it was a box of OESU's that I would've rather saved...w/o the hair-do.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I have a partagas humitube and kept in the house in a cabinet above stove since last spring. Seems the heat has turned my wrapper from light brown to several shades darker. Also there are very small lt brown dots all over the stick, almost crystal like. Maybe I will smoke soon and take some pic, not to puter literate, but will try.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, cvm4 and AZsteelman. Those pictures were very helpfull. Now, if I could only manage to save some cigars instead of smoking them...........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed plume on a box of anjeo 49's as of late. I also noticed this on some opus x I have had laying around for about a year. The soonest I think I ever saw plume devlop on my stash was about 6 weeks on a box of partagas pyrimids habanos. Mmmmmm tasty

-Ryan

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now that I've seen better pics, I think the boxes of Macanudos at Smoker's Palace in Flint may have all been moldy.

:barf:

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fuentes, especially maduros, seem to grow plume pretty readily if you let 'em age for a little while.:drool:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Hal said:
Now that I've seen better pics, I think the boxes of Macanudos at Smoker's Palace in Flint may have all been moldy.

:barf:
Well that sucks! It could be on other cigars too! :frown: I've always wondered how owners can never spot moldy cigars.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
cvm4 said:
Well that sucks! It could be on other cigars too! :frown: I've always wondered how owners can never spot moldy cigars.
It amazes me how many cigar stores open and close every year!!! There are plenty of idiots who get into the bus. with out having a clue! Very sad!!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Man, I wish I could have gotten a pic of the...crap...losing NC knowledge by the day here...what's that line of NCs with the pirate themes? Anway, wish I had taken a pic of the box of maduros I saw in the show on these puppies. Totally covered. Looked like a dusting of cocaine! :rofl:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
indyrob said:

I found this guy festering away in my humidor about a six months ago. It took about 2 weeks for it to grow that coat. As soon as I noticed it, I took all of them out and placed in tupperdor, wiped them off and smoked the box up in about a month. Didn't affect the taste, but it was a box of OESU's that I would've rather saved...w/o the hair-do.
Pretty intense!