What's new

My First Ribs

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Thanks for the tips.
Just remember, they're just that...tips.

There's no one way to cook ribs. These are just the things that have worked well for me. Me end non-smoked technique started out very differently and i did a lot of things wrong before i got them right.

I started out boiling my ribs, then wnet to a layer of plastic wrap over a baking dish, then went to one layer of plastic wrap on the ribs themselves, then 2, then the foil. I learned that the ribs have to be curve side up becasue if not, the pan of baking dish you put them in will get hot and the added surface area of the ribs touching the pan/dish will cause the plastic to melt...no good.

My point is that you can change this and do things that are more consistent with how you like htem. Some poeple like a little pull left on the meat, they don't want the bone and all to come right out, they wanna pull the meat off the bone.

Bottom line, experiement and have fun.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Any tips for the smoker? i've done a lot of meat, but not ribs yet, prefer beef.

I'll be honest, i've not done beef ribs. But i'd have to believe they would be jsut like pork ribs. Check out The Smoking Thread in the food section. I do know that beef dries out easier.

On a side note, my chef brother made some Kobe short ribs over Father's Day.
He boiled them and finished them on the grill. kobe is incredibly tender as it is, but these melted in your mouth.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'll be honest, i've not done beef ribs. But i'd have to believe they would be jsut like pork ribs. Check out The Smoking Thread in the food section. I do know that beef dries out easier.

On a side note, my chef brother made some Kobe short ribs over Father's Day.
He boiled them and finished them on the grill. kobe is incredibly tender as it is, but these melted in your mouth.
On my way to the Smoking Thread!