What's new

My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yes you read that right. My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me today. So she is very anti tobacco and treats cigars like cigarettes which we all know how different they are on here. She always said she wouldn’t kiss me if I smoked and today she found my stash in my room and totally went off. She was like I told you to never smoke and what are these and how long have you been smoking and I said about 7 months and she was like well you should have told me when you started and not hid them from me. Then broke up me. We were the perfect couple.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Sorry brother that really sucks. Trust me though if you had to hide anything from her she isn't wife material and if she isn't wife material she did you both a favor by not wasting your time. I've seen this before with a friend only it was worse. She threw his wineador on the ground breaking it with all his cigars. It was rough and they broke up but it was the best thing to ever happen to him.

It's sad and it's hard but you will move on and find another great woman that will make you forget it all. In the meantime make a strong drink and enjoy a cigar out in the open.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks guys kinda just feel like 3 years of my life is wasted now. She’s never done any tobacco and maybe if I could get her try a nice light cigar she would understand. Other then hiding cigars she was pretty much perfect for me.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks guys kinda just feel like 3 years of my life is wasted now. She’s never done any tobacco and maybe if I could get her try a nice light cigar she would understand. Other then hiding cigars she was pretty much perfect for me.
That’s a really good idea! You should try to get her to smoke a nice light cigar! Get back to us on how that goes. Preferably with video ...

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@the camaro show I agree with above, this not just about cigars. I got divorced and then within 7 years broke off two more engagements because I saw trouble coming down the road and didn't need the drama.
I told a friend once, .. "if 80% of your life is bullshit .. about 40% is shit you allow". This was the truth because she was going on and on about a "friend" who was basically just taking advantage of her. It was getting old.
Just don't get disillusioned by what you think your current "dream relationship" is... and what it really is .. you may see more. In the end, you're the captain of your ship, sail it your way. Good Luck.

Last edited:

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Was with my ex for almost 10 years. Sophomore in high school till my divorce a year ago, but up with a lot of bullshit, enough that I ended up super depressed and about to the point of making irreversible decisions. I'm now in a relationship with an amazing woman who I will spend the rest of my life with. The lasting relationship in my opinion is the one that sneaks up on you and you dont even realize it. How do I know ill be with my current girlfriend for the rest of my life you might ask? I dont. I believe it, and I can't imagine anything else. Real relationships just happen and feel right.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Call it a life lesson. You knew she was against it and you smoked anyways. Never hide crap from your significant other. Sucks that it happened to you.
This.
You knew she didn't want you doing something (as stupid as the 'something' is) and you did it anyways and hid it from her. That's when it should have been over. As stupid as the issue was, that's how she feels. If your SO doesn't want you to go to the strip club or do meth, and you decide 'fuck it, Im going to go to the strip club high on meth' all the time for seven months and don't tell her, how much did you really care?

At this point, you're more upset that you got caught and look like an ass for taking her for granted. I've been there, it sucks. But you learn.

Take advantage of this opportunity, just be a whore and date around for a while (safely) and meet a wide variety of people. College is the last time in your life where you will be in an area so densely populated with people your own age that dating - and hooking up - is stupid easy. You'll learn a lot about yourself and what kind of person you really want to be with when the time comes.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
First, sorry to hear that. Breakups are tough. My girlfriend of 3 years and I broke up during my senior year of undergrad (slightly different: she was cheating on me and I threw her out of our apartment). Time heals all things.

Second, every college couple thinks they're a perfect couple. The reality is you continue to grow as a person for several years beyond college. Perfection is far off.

Third, if you had to hide who you are from her, or she was that quick to pull the plug... Those are hallmarks of a plagued relationship. You're both better off now.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This.
You knew she didn't want you doing something (as stupid as the 'something' is) and you did it anyways and hid it from her. That's when it should have been over. As stupid as the issue was, that's how she feels. If your SO doesn't want you to go to the strip club or do meth, and you decide 'fuck it, Im going to go to the strip club high on meth' all the time for seven months and don't tell her, how much did you really care?

At this point, you're more upset that you got caught and look like an ass for taking her for granted. I've been there, it sucks. But you learn.
Just can't disagree with you more about this. There is a big difference between "stupid" things and being addicted to Meth. Stupid things can be "just don't throw it in her face" addiction is a major problem. If she is as controlling as you lead us to believe, good riddance. What's next? You tried to live your life the way you wanted without the confrontation. If she can't give you that it will only get worse.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Either you have an honest relationship or you don't....it's called repercussions/consequences and if you have a hobby/vice then tell your significant other. My wife knew about my cigars while we dated and I asked her if it was going to be an issue if we wanted to marry even though she didn't like cigars....she knew it was important to me so she gave me her word and for the last 13 years it's never been an issue.

You're not going to get to play "victim" here because you admitted to dishonesty with your story and when you move on learn this valuable lesson....btw....no such thing as a "perfect couple" although Jewelry Stores want men and women to believe that nonsense. If you were the perfect couple...why did you post this thread? ( not to be an ass but that was the second thing I thought about when reading your thread...the first thing was you kept the truth from her....that never...ever...works out )

Last edited: