What's new

My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just can't disagree with you more about this. There is a big difference between "stupid" things and being addicted to Meth. Stupid things can be "just don't throw it in her face" addiction is a major problem. If she is as controlling as you lead us to believe, good riddance. What's next? You tried to live your life the way you wanted without the confrontation. If she can't give you that it will only get worse.
This was not a poke at addiction, I'm pretty surprised someone took it that way.
Back to SOS.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry I misread your post then. I do a lot of things my wife doesn't like that she just has to accept. I don't throw them in her face but I don't deny it either. Everyone needs room to live. But there are other things that could have a direct affect on her that she has every right to have some control over.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
just wait until your wife of 5 years leaves you, and takes half.:banghead:

and your house.:arghh:
and your $$$.:arghh:
and your good humor.:arghh::arghh::arghh:
and your pillow.:banghead:
F'n A bubba...been there done that! My ex waited til I was on a business trip and smashed 4 beautiful wood humis ( 300 count sized ... 2 were filled with CC's... the other NC's )... took a pair of scissors and cut them all up... threw my cutters and lighters into the woods and served me with papers and a restraining order.

( Probably why she took out the restraining order ) Not to be outdone... I waited til she was at work and went through her clothes closet...took a razor blade and made cuts in every article of clothing where she wouldn't see it until she was actually wearing it ( that had to be funny )...took her high-heel shoes and sawed them half way through...took a roll-on tube of mentholatum and itching powder and put it in her neatly folded panties... and checked out of that 25 year marriage. "War of the Roses" movie took a back seat to my experience.... and I took the dog, too.... that miserable she devil!

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
F'n A bubba...been there done that! My ex waited til I was on a business trip and smashed 4 beautiful wood humis ( 300 count sized ... 2 were filled with CC's... the other NC's )... took a pair of scissors and cut them all up... threw my cutters and lighters into the woods and served me with papers and a restraining order.

( Probably why she took out the restraining order ) Not to be outdone... I waited til she was at work and went through her clothes closet...took a razor blade and made cuts in every article of clothing where she wouldn't see it until she was actually wearing it ( that had to be funny )...took her high-heel shoes and sawed them half way through...took a roll-on tube of mentholatum and itching powder and put it in her neatly folded panties... and checked out of that 25 year marriage. "War of the Roses" movie took a back seat to my experience.... and I took the dog, too.... that miserable she devil!
that's foolish of her, all that $ in assets :p she wouldn't get half

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks everyone for their advice. I agree I fugged up by hiding them but I didn’t think she would go off like this. I definitely will move forward and go back to fishing. It was a experience for sure.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Wow @the camaro show wtf?!? I haven’t posted much here lately but this one got me man!!! Boy you are like 20 years old & in college!!! You’re not burdened by the restraints of married life, divorce, having kids, etc.!!! Cigars? Really? That’s like the least worried thing That anyone should have been concerned about back in my college days!!! Bing drinking, hungover for classes, waking up in random places with random girls, all top that!!! GET OUT and enjoy the best years of your life kid!!! The last thing you want is to waste them all on a girl that you obviously can’t be yourself around!!! No way I would have had a steady girlfriend at that age!!! I have a ton of crazy stories & very few regrets!!! Wouldn’t change it if I could go back either!!! The stories were a blast & I learned valuable lessons from the regrets!!! Enjoy your youth kid!!! Don’t waste your time sulking over some girl!!!

Last edited:

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Camaro show, 3 years were not a waste. I know it sucks, but in the bigger scheme called life, you learned lessons. Those lessons will carry you through your entire life. Although you are hurt now, The One, is coming. You will know her when you see her.

Just keep being you brother. Find someone who you can talk to when things get tough.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
Rudyard Kipling said it best.... or at least most poetically

The Betrothed

- Rudyard Kipling

Open the old cigar-box, get me a Cuba stout,
For things are running crossways, and Maggie and I are out.

We quarrelled about Havanas—we fought o’er a good cheroot,
And I know she is exacting, and she says I am a brute.

Open the old cigar-box—let me consider a space;
In the soft blue veil of the vapour musing on Maggie’s face.

Maggie is pretty to look at—Maggie’s a loving lass,
But the prettiest cheeks must wrinkle, the truest of loves must pass.

There’s peace in a Laranaga, there’s calm in a Henry Clay;
But the best cigar in an hour is finished and thrown away—

Thrown away for another as perfect and ripe and brown—
But I could not throw away Maggie for fear o’ the talk o’ the town!

Maggie, my wife at fifty—grey and dour and old—
With never another Maggie to purchase for love or gold!

And the light of Days that have Been the dark of the Days that Are,
And Love’s torch stinking and stale, like the butt of a dead cigar—

The butt of a dead cigar you are bound to keep in your pocket—
With never a new one to light tho’ it’s charred and black to the socket!

Open the old cigar-box—let me consider a while.
Here is a mild Manilla—there is a wifely smile.

Which is the better portion—bondage bought with a ring,
Or a harem of dusky beauties fifty tied in a string?

Counsellors cunning and silent—comforters true and tried,
And never a one of the fifty to sneer at a rival bride?

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close,

This will the fifty give me, asking nought in return,
With only a Suttee’s passion—to do their duty and burn.

This will the fifty give me. When they are spent and dead,
Five times other fifties shall be my servants instead.

The furrows of far-off Java, the isles of the Spanish Main,
When they hear my harem is empty will send me my brides again.

I will take no heed to their raiment, nor food for their mouths withal,
So long as the gulls are nesting, so long as the showers fall.

I will scent ’em with best vanilla, with tea will I temper their hides,
And the Moor and the Mormon shall envy who read of the tale of my brides.

For Maggie has written a letter to give me my choice between
The wee little whimpering Love and the great god Nick o’ Teen.

And I have been servant of Love for barely a twelvemonth clear,
But I have been Priest of Cabanas a matter of seven year;

And the gloom of my bachelor days is flecked with the cheery light
Of stumps that I burned to Friendship and Pleasure and Work and Fight.

And I turn my eyes to the future that Maggie and I must prove,
But the only light on the marshes is the Will-o’-the-Wisp of Love.

Will it see me safe through my journey or leave me bogged in the mire?
Since a puff of tobacco can cloud it, shall I follow the fitful fire?

Open the old cigar-box—let me consider anew—
Old friends, and who is Maggie that I should abandon you?

A million surplus Maggies are willing to bear the yoke;
And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.

Light me another Cuba—I hold to my first-sworn vows.
If Maggie will have no rival, I’ll have no Maggie for Spouse!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Camero, you have gotten some good advice and it has all come from others personal experiences.
The one thing I would like to add is when seemingly bad things in life happen, it is easy to see the fault of the other person. But where you learn is to take a brutally honest look at what part you played in the situation. And when you look and recognize your faults, own then and those are the things you need to learn not to repeat. If you don't learn it, you will repeat it.

At your age, just have fun, concentrate on finishing school with good grades and your future. As you progress in that part of life the relationship deal will happen and you will hopefully be wiser and be able to spot the red flags. If you or your girl enter a relationship thinking you can change the other one, it is doomed for failure. If you can honestly accept each other the way you are, you've got a chance.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Camaro....sorry for your loss. You are very young. I made a point of playing the field for a long time until I settled down. Some people want to get married young and have kids fast...bravo if that is what you want. But taking time to date lots of girls and figure out exactly who will abide your idiosyncracies isn't a bad way to go. I didn't get married until 35 and I found a soul mate. Good luck Brother and hang in there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That blows man. But her response was a bit overblown IMO. 3 years is a long time but it will get better in time, and you'll learn from this.

I'm another young buck, and either way, at any age, it never pays to sacrifice parts of yourself to please your chick/wife. Be you and the girl your meant to be with will come to you.