What's new

My humblest apologies.... I am a BOTL noob.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I am new to this forum. I apologize for circumventing the formal protocols set forth by the self annointed forum polizia this morning in my haste to contact a fellow Tatuaje fan. I will say ten "hail, Pepin Garcia's" and now move on. :grinFU:

I live in Coral Springs, Fl. I am a retired US Navy Captain who commanded a Destroyer in my previous employment, hence the handle: xddco. eX DDestroyer Commanding Officer. I have been a cigar smoker for many years. I have been on many cigar forums/boards dating back to the old Village Idiots and the mbcls, as well as the Lunatics. I have spent most of my time recently on another forum and have a solid trade reputation there. There are members on this board who also visit the other board that will vouch for that. I look forward to sharing my cigar experiences and learning from yours.

That is all. Carry on.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I like LFD DL Chisels and LG Diez, almost all Tatuaje lines, San Cristobal, La Riqueza, My Father, AF Sungrown King B and Double Chateau, Illusione 888 and eccj, Padron Anni 64 and 26, Moore and Bode, Padilla 1932 and Miami, Opus xxx and Perfecxion X, Cruzado, Oliva MB.....
I have way too many cigars...

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I like LFD DL Chisels and LG Diez, almost all Tatuaje lines, San Cristobal, La Riqueza, My Father, AF Sungrown King B and Double Chateau, Illusione 888 and eccj, Padron Anni 64 and 26, Moore and Bode, Padilla 1932 and Miami, Opus xxx and Perfecxion X, Cruzado, Oliva MB.....
I have way too many cigars...
Fantastic choices! The Padilla, do ye rather Pepin's blend (the older) or the recent?

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I am new to this forum. I apologize for circumventing the formal protocols set forth by the self annointed forum polizia this morning in my haste to contact a fellow Tatuaje fan. I will say ten "hail, Pepin Garcia's" and now move on. :grinFU:

I live in Coral Springs, Fl. I am a retired US Navy Captain who commanded a Destroyer in my previous employment, hence the handle: xddco. eX DDestroyer Commanding Officer. I have been a cigar smoker for many years. I have been on many cigar forums/boards dating back to the old Village Idiots and the mbcls, as well as the Lunatics. I have spent most of my time recently on another forum and have a solid trade reputation there. There are members on this board who also visit the other board that will vouch for that. I look forward to sharing my cigar experiences and learning from yours.

That is all. Carry on.
Being a member of other boards you should already know a few things, especially that you shouldn't come in here being a jerk. BOTL is a different kind of site than most other boards. We're not driven by drama and personal attacks, in fact, you'll find very little of that here, if at all. We're a community built on mutual respect and shared knowledge. That includes respect for the "self annointed forum polizia" that have poured their money and time into building this site. May I suggest you quit with the self-righteous stuff and build a reputation here. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I apologize for circumventing the formal protocols set forth by the self annointed forum polizia this morning in my haste to contact a fellow Tatuaje fan.
That "self annointed forum polizia" is actually one of our moderators (and a key part in how drama-free this forum has remained). With that said:

:welcome:

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I'm sure the moderators were just doing their jobs. They keep things running smooth here so we can all enjoy this board. That said welcome.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have actually been very anti forum because of all the senseless bickering. I'm a recent addition to this forum and only joined when I realized that this group is quite different. I think that you will be pleasently surprised by this crew. If it weren't something different than the norm, I wouldn't be here, myself.

Other than that, welcome! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Welcome and thanks for your years of service.

I'm a civilian but have been invited aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln twice by a good friend. I flew aboard once, spent a day and a half, and flew out. The next time was for a week aboard for a "Tiger cruise". I have a strong appreciation for all the men and women in the service, especially the Navy, after living aboard the Lincoln for a week at sea, watching the dedication and professionalism of the crew. I especially liked smoking cigars with the XO and many officers.
So thanks again, and welcome.