What's new

My humblest apologies.... I am a BOTL noob.

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Being a member of other boards you should already know a few things, especially that you shouldn't come in here being a jerk. BOTL is a different kind of site than most other boards. We're not driven by drama and personal attacks, in fact, you'll find very little of that here, if at all. We're a community built on mutual respect and shared knowledge. That includes respect for the "self annointed forum polizia" that have poured their money and time into building this site. May I suggest you quit with the self-righteous stuff and build a reputation here. Thanks!

Alltercall, WTF....Ok the man made a mistake...chill dude.....:grin::grin::grin:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I understand making a mistake, we all have, but then mocking those that have been putting in the work to make this place as inviting as it is when you nothing of this place. That's arrogance. I hope he takes a little more time next time to see that this place is different and he doesn't need to bring in the attitude that we see in so many others.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I understand making a mistake, we all have, but then mocking those that have been putting in the work to make this place as inviting as it is when you nothing of this place. That's arrogance. I hope he takes a little more time next time to see that this place is different and he doesn't need to bring in the attitude that we see in so many others.
Jay, I'm with you 100%.

Mark

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Jay maybe its just me but Im on board with you. How bout a real apology from him and then will get back to business. This is the reason when I sell I state must be a member for 2 months and a exceptable trader rating. And Sir(because your older then me) just because your a vet doesnt mean you can be a ass!

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
If he wants to apologize that's on him, I just want to let him know that this place IS different and that he's not going to win any friends acting that way. This truly is a brotherhood. There is no need to fight for a position or respect. It's earned here, not won.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Being a member of other boards you should already know a few things, especially that you shouldn't come in here being a jerk. BOTL is a different kind of site than most other boards. We're not driven by drama and personal attacks, in fact, you'll find very little of that here, if at all. We're a community built on mutual respect and shared knowledge. That includes respect for the "self annointed forum polizia" that have poured their money and time into building this site. May I suggest you quit with the self-righteous stuff and build a reputation here. Thanks!
Wow... just Wow! I register and log into a public forum... make contact with someone who has something for sale that I would like to buy... and now I'm a jerk....on a forum not driven by personal attacks and drama, I seem to have stirred some up. I might have problems with authority, but my comments were not meant to offend. They WERE meant to tone down what I thought was a sarcastic attack and lighten it up a little...

So, I SERIOUSLY apologize for offending anyone. SERIOUSLY.

9 out of 10 voices in my head say, "Pull the trigger!".​

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
And thus the problem with text. I did not get your sarcasm and took it for arrogance. If it was truly meant to lighten the tone, I apologize. I know how much Eric, David and Chuck put into this community, and I did not take kindly to a personal attack on friends. I wish you well on the board, and welcome to BOTL.

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Okay, now that this drama portion is over, I feel free to say this and not be taking sides at all:

XDDCO is one of the coolest and most generous BOTLs that I have EVER met in my ENTIRE life. He is an awesome, humble guy and you will all come to love him I have no doubt at all. I'm sure his 1st post was just sarcastic as he said, he's not one to stirr up drama, lol.

I will personally stake my entire reputation on this brother. Period.

So there, we're all friends now :) Welcome again, Skipper! It's great to have you here.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Okay, now that this drama portion is over, I feel free to say this and not be taking sides at all:

XDDCO is one of the coolest and most generous BOTLs that I have EVER met in my ENTIRE life. He is an awesome, humble guy and you will all come to love him I have no doubt at all. I'm sure his 1st post was just sarcastic as he said, he's not one to stirr up drama, lol.

So there, we're all friends now :) Welcome again, Skipper! It's great to have you here.
Group Hug... and three Kumbayas.... LOL!
Thanks, NATE....
as you know.. I have six kids... 3 in college right now.. I have enough drama!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Funny how people assume things. Your friend assumed his reputation precedes him without introduction. I assumed from his first post he was just a typical drop in trying to scam sticks. He assumed despite the big label of MODERATER over my name I was just a self appointed asshole. I assumed after reading his post the same of him. Now here you are a squared away guy I respect telling me all those assumptions are wrong. Hmm mm good enough for me. Welcome to BOTL. Enjoy!

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Funny how people assume things. Your friend assumed his reputation precedes him without introduction. I assumed from his first post he was just a typical drop in trying to scam sticks. He assumed despite the big label of MODERATER over my name I was just a self appointed asshole. I assumed after reading his post the same of him. Now here you are a squared away guy I respect telling me all those assumptions are wrong. Hmm mm good enough for me. Welcome to BOTL. Enjoy!
Best post I've read in a long time. As always, Chuck cuts to the heart of the matter.

Easy to see why Jay got riled...this is a special little corner of the Internet.