What's new

Nasal Drip

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
How do you guys deal with Post Nasal drip when it comes to your smoking? I've got it pretty bad and quite often it effects how cigars taste. The junk at the back of my throat tends to absorb the tars/smoke taste RATHER QUICKLY and leaves me with a stale, horrible taste in my mouth when I draw smoke in. I was on a nasal spray last year that worked wonders, Rinochort, I believe, but it actually caused my eyes to start developing catarax (sp?), so I was taken off of it. Do any of you take medication for this or know of any way I can start tasting the cigars better? Thanks
Craig

BTW, I've had everything to drink with a smoke and nothing gets rid of this so that suggestion is out the window.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I hear cocaine will clear that up.....

Okay just kiddin some times I just cant help it...LOL

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
jckposter said:
I hear cocaine will clear that up.....

Okay just kiddin some times I just cant help it...LOL
LMAO!....that's twice in one day you dick! :smt081 damned wet keyboard......:smt044

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Nope, spitting doesn't help because more keeps coming. I thought gargling would do it, but it only clears out what's already in my mouth, not what keeps coming.

mike toro

neophyte Bolivar acolyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get it all the time too. If it is really bad I just can't smoke. It isn't worth wasting good cigars for a terrible taste and even worse feeling throat. I use Nasonex daily and it dries me out pretty good. Now the nasal drip is a tell tale sign that I'm getting a cold, rather than a daily happening.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
jeffz said:
My doc prescribed Flonase. I use it daily and it works great.
Flonase will definitely help clear your sinuses. Just give it 3-4 days of continuous use to start feeling the benefts.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
jeffz said:
My doc prescribed Flonase. I use it daily and it works great.
Gotta be careful with flonase and other nasal sprays ... can be (almost) as addicitve as cocaine.

Tread carefully.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
No; should I? Is it fixable or just treatable?
Depends on what's causing it. And how much of a hassle it is to live with it. I have an issue with whatever that stupid thing is that divides your nose (blanking on terms, sorry) where it leans to one side. Can cause some sinus issues but to fix it I have to go under the knife. Not happening unless it becomes a serious issue, ya know?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just dont smoke when i am "sick" or have a cold. it defintely ruins the flavor and i have found that it will permanently put me off on a cigar...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Depends on what's causing it. And how much of a hassle it is to live with it. I have an issue with whatever that stupid thing is that divides your nose (blanking on terms, sorry) where it leans to one side. Can cause some sinus issues but to fix it I have to go under the knife. Not happening unless it becomes a serious issue, ya know?

you mean a deviated septum?

I suggest some sudafed. It should dry you right up.