What's new

Nascar time in Las Vegas

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Got our race tickets last night, sweet seats too. :blob:

Row 10 in section 1N...pretty much straight across from the exit of pit road at the fastest part of the track. Sitting low and close is the only way to experience a race. Sure, sitting up high provides a view of more of the track but, in my experience, it is not the same when you can't FEEL the cars going by. :driving:

We are flying in Thursday night and leaving midday Monday.

Looking at the Monte Carlo for lodging in an attempt to atleast be resting our heads in the same building as some BOTLs.

Remember though, this trip is for our ten year anniversary so the most I am expecting is being able to meet up for dinner one of the nights. :crackwhip

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Row 10 in section 1N...pretty much straight across from the exit of pit road at the fastest part of the track. Sitting low and close is the only way to experience a race. Sure, sitting up high provides a view of more of the track but, in my experience, it is not the same when you can't FEEL the cars going by. :driving:

Looking at the Monte Carlo for lodging in an attempt to atleast be resting our heads in the same building as some BOTLs.

Remember though, this trip is for our ten year anniversary so the most I am expecting is being able to meet up for dinner one of the nights. :crackwhip
Dude. Anniversary. Vegas. BOTL. You are just asking for trouble. I predict a major "please forgive me" purchase in your future.:rofl:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
haha!! this'll be a hoot!! gotta love a wife that goes to Nascar for her anniversary!! my gal will be at the pool!!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
We spent our five year anniversary smoking cigars and eating dinner at Shelly's Cigar Lounge in DC while watching a Busch Race.

Definitely a keeper. :thumbsup:

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0

Oh the sacrifices we parents make for our Kids........:thumbsup::grin::tiphat:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Nice try. We can make other arrangments but you'll have to wait until summer to see the kids again and we both know that aint gonna get approved by mom.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0

Nice try. We can make other arrangments but you'll have to wait until summer to see the kids again and we both know that aint gonna get approved by mom.

You never let me have any fun.............:tongueout:dunno:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The ultimate threat, the "Grandma wo't see the kids then..." threat. I feel for ya Ray.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Maybe. I've got friends coming in from out of town, and we were planning on going to Casa Fuente sometime anyway, so if it works out we might just run into you guys there....

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
dinner will be at Hugo's Cellar. making reservations for 8:00 pm. we'll be celebrating a 10 year anniversary, and two 21 year old birthdays!! so far, there'll be 9 of us....

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Edit: Damn, I am slow...

Check with Jeff.

He mentioned a place on Fremont Street last night but the name escapes me now.

I guess that doesn't bode well for the wife and I actually making it to dinner. :rofl:

Especially since we'll have already been dringking for almost two days straight. :bottle: