What's new

"Nebraska, the good life" Herf - June 8th - 10th

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok guys, it's settled...let's do this 'little' get-together on the weekend of June 8th - 10th, 2007!

Omaha, Eppeley Airfield is where you need to get flights to. The plan is to try and get every one's flight in to Omaha between 2pm and 5pm on the 8th so we can get some grub and go to Cigarros.

If anyone is unable to fly on Friday please try to get your flight to arrive in Omaha between 11am and 2pm.

Barring any unforeseeable problems this is the plan...

Friday -
Travel day, dinner somewhere, and herf at Cigarros

My idea is everyone would fly/drive into town this day. For those flying in we would attempt to arrange every one's flights to arrive in Omaha within maybe a three hour window...like 2pm to 5pm.

After dinner in downton Omaha, Cigarros does NOT serve food, we would all hit the road for Cigarros together. My initial thought is to rent a fifteen passenger van for all of us to use.

At the end of the night we would once again utilize the van to transport everyone out to Fremont. There is a Holiday Inn Express here as well as substantial room at La Casa del Wasch.

Saturday -
Herf and poker tournament at the house.

We could plan the cards to begin late in the afternoon in case some brothers are not able to travel Friday and need to travel on Saturday.

Again, those flying in would try and get their flights to arrive within a three hour window...say 11am to 2pm. That way we can use the van again. I live 50 miles from the airport so a cab is out of the question and I figure the van will make it more economical for those on a budget.

Sunday -
Return home for everyone. Again, we would need to make use of the van so departures would need to be relatively close together. Not so much as the arrivals though.

Once you have your travel arrangements please PM me with your airline name, flight number, arival date and time, departure date and time, and whether or not you want to stay at the Holiday Inn or my home. I need to start keeping track of things. :thumbsup:

Ok guys, we are one month from the herf. This is the list I have from past posts. Please post or PM me if your name is not in the correct list or should be removed because you know you can't make it.

Confirmed: (Have purchased a ticket or have communicated to me they are definitely coming)

Jwrussell - Flying
Tobby4 - Flying
Halon - Driving
Smokem94 - Driving
CWS - Flying
Boppa-Wasch - Here already
Wasch_24 - Here already
BradMC - BradMc - Flying
Jroher - Flying
Fredneck - Flying
Eric - Flying

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sounds good.

Anyone else flying out of Tampa? I'd be interested in coordinating and maybe sharing a ride to the airport and splitting parking fees if they are necessary.

Also, it will probably be a month before all of the available flights are actually bookable (Southwest doesn't book that far out for instance), so i could also coordinate flights with anyone else flying out of here to make things easier on Todd when he's picking up.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
If I make it, I wont be able to fly in until that evening... I will have to work that day because i have a bachelor party the next weekend that I will need off a friday for...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
If you fly in Friday evening you will need a car...or an expensive cab.

Actually, we would probably still be at Cigarros until the latest flight came in.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I dont know, I will have to see what happens with the bachelor party and everything and with work... I will do anything I can to make it there...