What's new

"Nebraska, the good life" Herf - June 8th - 10th

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Keep your spirits up Todd. I'm sure you and Rachel will get positive news soon.

Now if you could just find a way to help the farmers plant and harvest corn more efficiently via satellite imagery then you'd be sitting pretty.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I know some use computers to determine what portions of fields have the most yield

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
its cheaper for me to get to DC anyway....

Seriously though, good luck with the job search and everything, I hope it works out in a quick manner

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm thinking positive thoughts. You guys are bright and young and the right thing will show up. Unfortuneatly, I have lived my life in the past under the old adgae"Via Con DInero" or go with the money. Lived lots of cool places. Keep an open mind.
Chuck, what do you mean by unfortunately? Expand on that- I am currently in the midst of considering an offer making much more money in SoCal but the family loves Texas - I have always gone with the money??? share some wisdom dude - many of us young(er) guys are making decisions on the road you've already travelled - are you saying place matters more?

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Chuck, what do you mean by unfortunately? Expand on that- I am currently in the midst of considering an offer making much more money in SoCal but the family loves Texas - I have always gone with the money??? share some wisdom dude - many of us young(er) guys are making decisions on the road you've already travelled - are you saying place matters more?
In my opinion, when you are young (25-35), place doesn't matter and you can "follow the money". This exposes you to many different places and lifestyles from which you can choose from later.
I don't know how many times when I was younger, that I said I would never leave Colorado, now I know there are many places I like even more.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks for the update Todd. Best to you and Rach whatever happens. I for one would love you to mave back to this area and know where you are is best for your entire family. Been thinking of how I can afford to go too, drats.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
You pay a price by following money. Kids without roots to a community, change of friends, re-establishing. We moved 11 times in 33 years of marriage. When we were young it was great stuff but as you get older it becomes more difficult and other factors start to come in.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Todd, you guys are going to be fine. I just know it. Good things happen to good people and you fall in that group. I'm just looking forward to the herf wherever it is! I sure hope you don't have to move back, though...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.pictometry.com/employment.asp?id=38

Todd -I've picked up from previous threads that you've worked alot in GIS and imagery. I work as a GIS Analyst in Oklahoma and have been keeping my eye's open for you guys. When I came across this the other day I couldn't help but think of you guys. I don't know if either of you would be interested or not.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That job is exactly what I started out at Leica doing.

I emailed them. It reads like they want someone that can be in their corporate office and travel to customer sites.

They have regional sales guys though so I emailed just incase my resume is impossible to resist. :grin: