What's new

Need a new lighter what is a good one that's not 200

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is 200 a hard number... torch, soft flame, what...

My workhorse is my Xikar Allume. Under $50 bucks and comes in as many colors as the mini gas station bics

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I like my Zippo butane inserts. Inexpensive, and you can pick any kind of shell you want.
I use the zippo butane inserts, both the torch and the pipe soft flame versions, they work great

Ronson Jetlite are bulletproof and usually under $5
Jetlites are hard to beat for $5

I have also has great luck with vertigo torch lighters, they get great reviews and cost around $20

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ohhh Frank.....I have to help push you off this slope too my friend. When I see you in the next few days I'll bring out my lineup of lighters. None were more than $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
What's franks address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BEEP BEEP @mdwest ...... ;)

Sorry Frank, I tried to warn you about the fun we have here. But I need to drive this bus.

I have Ronson's in my truck they're like $5 at walgreens and great beaters to keep in your truck if you smoke in it. I also have a Jetline DT-500 (which you can get at Matador's), a Zippo with the butane insert, a Vertigo lighter I got from Jim's stogies (in Farmingdale village), another that was gifted to me from a fellow BOTL but not sure of the brand though. Whatever you do, don't get cheap crap butane. Spend the extra few dollars for quality butane too.

https://www.amazon.com/JetLine-Cigarette-Lighter-Gunmetal-Warranty/dp/B00N4BECO2/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1477019020&sr=8-34&keywords=jetline+lighter

Here's the vertigo lighter's but I don't see the one I have listed anymore. It might've been discontinued.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=i:aps,k:lotus+vertigo+lighter&keywords=lotus+vertigo+lighter&ie=UTF8&qid=1477019416&spIA=B00GM1VE7Y,B003V0L3HA,B01GWPGT56,B00IZV1820,B004JHLMQ6,B00787O6EY,B00E40PE1M,B00JSC76PS,B00CPPJW5W,B00E3XOFQK,B007URYJIK,B01A02F714,B00E3XQ0ZE,B00KJK1OT2

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ditto on the Vertigos for multiple flames...reservoir size and clear plastic make them my go-to.

Also love the Zippo inserts.

For a "nicer" lighter I have the best luck with Xikar Executive II's....you can get them for under $20 on the auction sites. For whatever reason it's the one model Xikar I've never had to use the lifetime replacement on.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I grabbed a cheap $6 lighter in line at Wal Mart. It even came with a bottle opener and a small knife blade. I don't remember the name because I've used it so many times that it has nearly worn off. That thing has been running for over a year without a problem.

The Scorch Torch Orion my wife bought me this year was garbage. It took all of two weeks for it to stop working properly. You have to adjust the flame to the highest level or it won't fire. Then it keeps going for a good six seconds after you release the button. I was also disappointed in the Visol Casseti Gaspar that I received as a gift. It never worked on the first, second, or third try. When it does work, it works well. I just got tired of carrying a back up lighter for the times that it just refused to work.

I briefly had a Xikar Axia that I liked. I had it in the side pocket of my gym bag. I tossed the bag up on the counter in the locker room and went to use the toilet. When I came back somebody had opened the pocket and taken the lighter along with my Master Lock, an old pair of $12 headphones, and a cheap cigar cutter. They did leave the cigar behind though.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'v found more than anything proper care and filling can make or break any lighter.
I'v only ever used cheap lighters.

I love Ronson lighters, got a fiber glass something something from a ci sampler when I first started smoking (longestate flame out of any lighters I own, eats butane like crazy though). Those two did it for me till recently I grabbed a cheap 3 flame at the b&m not even sure it has a name on it but I'll look when I get home.