What's new

Need Help (S&S)

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hi guys,
I haven't been active on the board in quite sometime and/or I've never done much of anything brotherly myself, but I'm hoping to use this community for a S&S reference join in on the passion that this board has for Tatuaje. I feel like the best way to share that passion would be through joining S&S. I realize that my track record here (choose one) 1. is nonexistent 2. includes me being absent for the last several years 3. doesn't include paying it forward in any way, shape or form; but hey, I'm here now and this is your opportunity to show me what the Brother in BOTL stands for (without ever having to have had been brotherly myself, of course!) Sure I may very well fuck off again/continue to do nothing to really become ingrained in this community other then the occasional posting, but hey, I'm me and I'm important damnit. I know after reading this you can't wait to blow up my inbox with responses dying to get me that reference, but I beg of you, please be snappy about it, I've got shit to do! You're welcome in advance BOTL!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ha, is this 100% about me or just a group of individuals including myself? Yeah, #1 and #3 apply, at least to some degree, and if I were to join the club it wouldn't increase my level of participation here. Certainly I wouldn't expect anybody to refer me over an active member or somebody they have a personal relationship with. I just figured it never hurts to ask, nor do I feel my ask had the tone here, but I realize the hyperbole is meant as emphasis.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Hi guys,
I haven't been active on the board in quite sometime and/or I've never done much of anything brotherly myself, but I'm hoping to use this community for a S&S reference join in on the passion that this board has for Tatuaje. I feel like the best way to share that passion would be through joining S&S. I realize that my track record here (choose one) 1. is nonexistent 2. includes me being absent for the last several years 3. doesn't include paying it forward in any way, shape or form; but hey, I'm here now and this is your opportunity to show me what the Brother in BOTL stands for (without ever having to have had been brotherly myself, of course!) Sure I may very well fuck off again/continue to do nothing to really become ingrained in this community other then the occasional posting, but hey, I'm me and I'm important damnit. I know after reading this you can't wait to blow up my inbox with responses dying to get me that reference, but I beg of you, please be snappy about it, I've got shit to do! You're welcome in advance BOTL!
Shake, you're a boss. Always have been.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi guys,
You trollin bro?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@Hari Seldon Its not just you, no. Theres a few people that particular smarmy post was directed at. However, I will say that to this point between last years massive failure of a S&S registration and this year you've been the most omnipresent voice, or at least the name that pops into my own mind when considering those threads about S&S. We got it, you're looking for a referral. Anyone casually glancing at the thread will notice that. Having said that, I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
You're talking about me, I am assuming. You can talk all the shit you want man. I'm pretty sure that I did plenty for this board over the 8 years I was active. However, I will remember to keep you off my christmas list, cool guy.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
You're talking about me, I am assuming. You can talk all the shit you want man. I'm pretty sure that I did plenty for this board over the 8 years I was active. However, I will remember to keep you off my christmas list, cool guy.
Mastershake doesn't celebrate Christmas iirc

But to his defense, it is funny to see people come back to the board and the first thing out of their mouth is a referral.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
Mastershake doesn't celebrate Christmas iirc

But to his defense, it is funny to see people come back to the board and the first thing out of their mouth is a referral.
I've got no idea what other people have done on here. Yesterday was my first day back. However, I do have 200 trades with people on this board. I didn't know you needed a reach around before hooking people up here. I'm guessing you now have to kiss some elder's ass before requesting something or receiving help.

Oh, No christmas for me either. My list is extremely small...I'm jewish

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I've got no idea what other people have done on here. Yesterday was my first day back. However, I do have 200 trades with people on this board. I didn't know you needed a reach around before hooking people up here. I'm guessing you now have to kiss some elder's ass before requesting something or receiving help.

Hes a Ramadan type of guy, shake that is.

This stuff usually happens each year when the registrations open up. Always get an influx of people coming back and creating a small stir.

And no reach arounds are required, but it just looks fishy when people return out of nowhere just to ask for a referral. Call it ... bad timing.

Either way, welcome back.

Im Chuck! Nice to meet you.

@Hoshneer is my worst enemy.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0

When in doubt, a reach around is always needed.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Best of luck finding a referral. Unfortunately I used mine for @ChuckMejia so I'm of no help.

No need to "kiss an elders ass before requesting something" around here as the brothers now are as welcoming and as friendly now as I bet they were when you were more active. I'm sure one may even give you their referral for free if you'd do something like reach out and attempt to make solid on the b day package you burned a fellow brother for 3 years ago.

Anyhow. Glad to have you back around! I'm Erik

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Best of luck finding a referral. Unfortunately I used mine for @ChuckMejia so I'm of no help.

No need to "kiss an elders ass before requesting something" around here as the brothers now are as welcoming and as friendly now as I bet they were when you were more active. I'm sure one may even give you their referral for free if you'd do something like reach out and attempt to make solid on the b day package you burned a fellow brother for 3 years ago.

Anyhow. Glad to have you back around! I'm Erik

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@Panicbound You haven't been active in 4 years so allow me to fill you in on a few things. While you were gone, DE, which at the time was the greatest brand in the land, dropped a few BOTL exclusive releases for members only. Before each was released, tons of jerkoffs joined with the hopes of cashing in on the sticks made for the members of this board. A few tried to act brotherly but most disappeared when they figured out they wouldn't be getting sticks. And this is at least the second year in which people have brought up the topic of S&S. People have actually just joined to talk about their hopin to get tips on becoming an S&S member. This year, its this: "Hey guys nice board you got here, who wants to give me a referral to a different board that I do want to participate in."
As far as your reappearance is concerned, I could be way off base and you could be nothing more then the victim of timing. However, given my years of experience on this board I would lean towards that not being the case. Tons of people pop up looking for something and once they get it, they fuck off back to whatever hole they crawled their way out of. Or they don't get what they want, and they storm off pouty and angry never to be seen again. The final thing I'll fill you in on is the disappearance of Podman. You may remember that he was a site sponsor with a cigar website and was a very well regarded member of his community. A few site issues and failing to fulfill his bday pass and his name is forever mud. Now, I won't comment on your situation as I know nothing about it and the negative feedback could've been hastily given, or who knows maybe you did fulfill your end and that's not correct. But since you have 8 years of active board experience you should know that it takes a long time to build a rep and very little to ruin one. Having said that ending on a bad note and dropping in and the one of the first things you say is S&S referral strikes me as being beyond suspicious. So you'll excuse me for considering you to be another in a long line of people looking to extract something from this community without participating in it.

Last edited:

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
First and foremost he is right you gotta hang around for a bit and follow through with whatever you didn't follow through on. If you get a negative trader rating in this forum odds are you really f**ked up because it's rare. So I'd apologize to whomever you screwed and make it up before asking for anything.

People are extremely patient on here and as long as you communicate it just doesn't tend to happen. Welcome back and hopefully we see you around.