What's new

Need Lighter Help!!!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm completely pissed off!!! I have had no luck in finding a descent single or double tourch lighter to light my cigars with. I've had a colibri, and my father got me this tourch zippo insert. But everyone of them goes to hell after a couple of months. I need some good suggestions on a really durable well made pref. a double tourch lighter. ANYONE!!

:angryteet :angryteet :angryteet :angryteet

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I need help too, I bought a Colibri Firebird, filled it with butane, and it won't light

so Donk, avoid the Colibri Firebird

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
bought one, had it 3 days dropped it once and it exploded on the ground. those are cheap. I'm not going to drop $50 on a lighter either

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm completely pissed off!!! I have had no luck in finding a descent single or double tourch lighter to light my cigars with. I've had a colibri, and my father got me this tourch zippo insert. But everyone of them goes to hell after a couple of months. I need some good suggestions on a really durable well made pref. a double tourch lighter. ANYONE!!

:angryteet :angryteet :angryteet :angryteet
What kind of fuel are you using? My Colibri trifecta has only caused me trouble when I didnt use premium fuel, either colibri or soem other triple filtered.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
my problem is like the spark stops connecting properly. buetane flow is good no sputtering or asnything like that. Just the spark seem to go to hell

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
There you go. Says its premium but its not. Try the Vector fuel from Cigarmony. One of our fine sponsers. I tried Zippo and (shudder) Ronson. The difference is really there. I guess there is a lot of crap in butane.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
It's not your lighters that are going to crap....it's the crap fuel you're pumping into them that's clogging them up!

Only use the good, triple-refined (or better) fuel. Zippo, Ronson, etc aren't filtered/refined enough and will constantly clog your lighters.

FWIW, I've got a $25 Xikar Executive that I've only used good fuel in, and it has never once clogged up on me in over a year of use.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
It's not your lighters that are going to crap....it's the crap fuel you're pumping into them that's clogging them up!

Only use the good, triple-refined (or better) fuel. Zippo, Ronson, etc aren't filtered/refined enough and will constantly clog your lighters.

FWIW, I've got a $25 Xikar Executive that I've only used good fuel in, and it has never once clogged up on me in over a year of use.
Yep. I have three five dollar triple flame cheapos that I keep in my cars. Only use triple filtered fuel and they are going on three years now.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
my problem is like the spark stops connecting properly. buetane flow is good no sputtering or anything like that. Just the spark seem to go to hell
guy It's not a fuel problem. It's a crap lighter problem. I need to find a good quality lighter. but not godly expensive

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I wouldn't be so sure about that Donk. Crap fuel could be "blowing" the spark out before it gets a chance to ignite the gas.

Try lighting the gas coming out with another lighter.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
THere you go. Ron offers you a $4 lighter. But I telling you. You fill it with the good stuff.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I understand about the fuel too. But my problem is the springs in the trigger seem to go to hell on me real fast. I gues if I tried buying a quality lighter I might not have that problem