What's new

Need Lighter Help!!!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Or if you had good fuel that ignited each and every click you wouldn't wear the spark mechanism out so early.

:rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The lack of spark is probably a symptom of the problem, not the root of the problem.

Even cheapie lighters with plastic mechanisims last longer than yours have...if you use good fuel and treat them even halfway decent.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
4 buck Ronson uses butane. i used the Ronson butane at first, it worked fine. Then i started using Lava, works even better. the flame improved. No more expenisve lighters for me. I will be selling all my expensive lighters before i lose them

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand about the fuel too. But my problem is the springs in the trigger seem to go to hell on me real fast. I gues if I tried buying a quality lighter I might not have that problem
These are part and parcel. If you use crappy fuel, you will spend more time trying to light the lighter, therefore the mechanisms will wear down and break. Buying a quality lighter, and putting crappy fuel into it will result in the same problem.

I have 3 cigar lighters, 1 is the cheapy $10 colibri firefox <or something like that> that I bought a few years ago, lights every time, I use good fuel in it. Another is the torch insert that I use in the Zippo that I've had for 20 years, only problem with that is the small fuel capacity. 3rd is a cheapy triple flame that I paid maybe $10 for. I use the exact same fuel in each of them, and I have never had a problem with them lighting.

A friend of mine, spent $100 on a Colibri triple flame, that he's used cheapy fuel in, and it never lights, and he has to send it to them for repair.

Think about it a little bit. The fuel you use, is as important as what you use the fuel in.

Alan

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In addition to the other comments, especially the advice to use only Lava or Vector fuel, get a can of compressed air and blow out the burner periodically. You may be getting tiny bits of ash in there that prevent the burner from working properly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear that Dupont is a great lighter. I do not have one myself, I have 4 zippo inserts, zippo torch, and a couple others. I have not had any problems with my zippo's yet and will probably continue to use them until I do.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That Vector fuel mark has is THE BEST fuel I have ever used!
It lasts forever!

guy It's not a fuel problem. It's a crap lighter problem. I need to find a good quality lighter. but not godly expensive
Fuel is definitely an issue.

Or if you had good fuel that ignited each and every click you wouldn't wear the spark mechanism out so early.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Damn good point!

Get an Xtend, you won't regret it.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
guy It's not a fuel problem. It's a crap lighter problem. I need to find a good quality lighter. but not godly expensive
Donk, it is a crap fuel problem. I use the same blazer zippo insert you use and I never, ever have a problem with it clogging. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the blazer insert other than being clogged.