What's new

Need More Room.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I bet you would love option #1 Matt.

I'm going to go with the coolidor option, with the beads and the oust fans. My only question is why would you add in the kitty litter? Especially if you are using a pound of beads?
Its an exstential thing. HB sent me the kitty litter to try. I used a pound of beads on one side and the kittylitter on the other with opposing fans. Its a 100 quart cooler. and its full.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I am curious as to why you want to get a cooled unit. I am assuming in Wisconsin the temps don't get super high for most of the year, so I don't think you need to go this route. If you want to, by all means do so, but it really isn't necessary imho. I would suggest you go out, buy yourself a coleman cooler, a couple of oust fans, and get yourself some beads. I don't recommend guys get Avantis or anything similar unless they live in an environment where the temp and humidity is very high.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm with Kevin. I think a cooler will work just fine for you

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
how much litter?? what kind of ratio to beads?? 1/1??

I bought 7.2 lbs for $14 bucks. So there is a larger amount of KL you can use vs a set amount of beads when you buy them. I probably have 1.5 lbs. of KL in a socking for the new 52qt Coleman cooler.

I would think KL vs beads is less a ratio thing Matt. The more of either you have the less adding water for adding RH as it holds more to start with and would remove excess RH in summer if you open the cooler all the time. I use 1lb. 65% RH beads in the wine cooler with an Oasis as I already had the beads before finding out about the KL.

I think KL emits and absorbs RH very close to the same as the beads as they are virtually the same silica sand, oxygen, and water.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I bought 7.2 lbs for $14 bucks. So there is a larger amount of KL you can use vs a set amount of beads when you buy them. I probably have 1.5 lbs. of KL in a socking for the new 52qt Coleman cooler.

I would think KL vs beads is less a ratio thing Matt. The more of either you have the less adding water for adding RH as it holds more to start with and would remove excess RH in summer if you open the cooler all the time. I use 1lb. 65% RH beads in the wine cooler with an Oasis as I already had the beads before finding out about the KL.

I think KL emits and absorbs RH very close to the same as the beads as they are virtually the same silica sand, oxygen, and water.
You may all sit down now. The Master of Kitty Litter is done. Ommmmmmmmmmmm.

:halfgrinw Yep. The stuff works great.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So, headbanger, Just a container of Fresh step Kitty crystals with no color or scent. Then what? They stink in the container. I wouldn't put those near my cigars. How do you prep them properly? I have been trying to keep up with tthe actual kitty liter thread, but doesn't tell you how to actually set them up to work. Help oh Mighty Master of the Kitty Litter. Grasshopper is eager to learn.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
DONK, READ THE THREAD I PASTED FOR YOU MAN.

Either use beads or kitty litter, both are not necessary in the same cooler unless your name is Chuck. Then and only then is it ok.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Thank you oh kitty litter master for these words of great wisdom.:laugh:

I just needed more than a pound as the coledor is packed full. So HB very nicely added the extra.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
i have a bag that he sent me, but they are sitting in my desk drawer

They won't work there. I forgot I mailed those to you Clay. I think I gave Todd well over a pound. Not sure he needed or used them either. Toss them if you want, they are cheap as hell and easily replaced, no worries.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I got the pm. I've looked for the kitty litter mentioned. I can't find it anywhere. Not at wallmart, petco, any of them. Oh Well.

To keep you guys up to date: I finally did a double box purchase of petit coronas. and also bought 2 lbs of heartfelt beads, and I have 3/4 of a dozen empty cedar boxes. All I need now is a cooler. Oh yeah I got my Anejo purchase and my Cbid purchase on 2-16, then on 2-17 I bought 10 sticks from Kirscovitch. And Now I have another 10 sticks coming from Cbid this week. Not to mention the pass and all the ones I have now. I think I will need a big friggin' cooler.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Nice going Kelly. Walmart has a 52 qt. Coleman Extreme cooler that is well insulated, selling for $21.00. 2 lbs. of Heartfelt beads will be fine for 2 large coolers and more than enough for even a 150 qt. cooler. Just keep them in two separate parts of the cooler you will be good to go. You should be covered for beads for years to come.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
oups I went with a big 70Qt. extreme cooler. My bad, well it was only 30 ish dollars. So I am complete now. Just need my beads and my sticks.... I want my Sticks now damn it. I'm tired of waiting.... where are my sticks...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
oups I went with a big 70Qt. extreme cooler. My bad, well it was only 30 ish dollars. So I am complete now. Just need my beads and my sticks.... I want my Sticks now damn it. I'm tired of waiting.... where are my sticks...
Ah soon youll be saying, "WHere did all my room go?:headroll: :headroll: