What's new

Need some positive vibes for my son.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
My son's been abusing pain killers for the past 2 years, crushing and snorting 30 mg roxycodone. He's 19, was detoxed in a hospital for 3 days a month ago, has quit 3 jobs, totaled a car and was arrested for shoplifting once. It all started when my father in law passed, they had a relationship that I can only wish that I had with him. He was crushed emotionally and ended up seeing a counselor for depression who prescribed an anti depressant and xanax for anxiety.

It wasn't long before he decided that living in a state of "zombie-ism", his word for it, wasn't helping that the shrink decided to take him off the medication. He stopped going to her and the withdrawal symptoms led him to find a solution on the streets.

When his grandfather died he left my son a gold chain that he would wear religiously around his neck, even in the shower. Thursday night he came home in tears, without the chain. He sold it for "blues". It was then that he asked for help, again. I took off from work on Friday and we made the trip to the Hamptons where he signed himself in to a 28 day, 12 step program. As I was ready to leave he pulled me close, gave me a hug and told me he loves me. I haven't heard that from him in years.

If you have a spare moment I'd appreciate if you could throw a little positive energy our way. Thanks for listening.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Prayers prayed my friend. I had a good friend die from a heart attack at age 26, result of a severe roxy addiction. Best of luck.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
My baby brother went through something similar. You and your boy are in my thoughts and prayers. Addictions are not easy to overcome, but with any luck, you and your son are going to have a better relationship in the end.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Addiction is tough, on the individual and thier families. Thoughts and prayers for him and your family. Lot of hard work ahead but the most positive thing is he asked for the help.

I'd also recommend you attend some al-anon of some other family member support meetings as well. It will help you to understand and help him in his recovery.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Prayers sent, brother. This is a tough road for everyone involved. I hope your son makes it through clean on the other end.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
My prayers are with you as this hits close to home for me. I lost my only brother to addiction. It sounds as though your son wants help which is the biggest step towards recovery. Hang in there brother. I know all to well what your going through.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 20 year old son I've had a few issues with, although not as severe. Even so, the hurt, pain and worry is incredible. My heart and prayers are with you and your son.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Prayers are sent out to you, your son and family. He has taken the first step that was asking for help. Be strong my brother you and he will make it through this. Your relationship will be stronger in the end.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Some addicts (the lucky ones) have a turning point, a "rock bottom" that wakes them up and gives them the will power to get better. Hopefully your boy had his when he sold that chain he loved so much. Good vibes and good luck to you both, Mike...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I recently found out my neighbor who is around your sons age has the same problem. She, like your son went to her father and is now being treated with the love and support of her family. From watching this process unfold with another, I can say that your son had the inner strength to take that first step. That alone is the most significant act that will lead him to regaining himself. Take some serious solace in that... Ultimately, it will be him who can rewire his own psyche. I wish you, your family, and most of all your son the very best during this difficult time.