What's new

Need your prayers for my Pop

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Scott, sorry to hear this. We have you and your family on our prayer list. Hang in there and let us know if we can be of any help.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Scott's dad is having a pacemaker put in this morning, probably right now. Keep them in your prayers. I know what Scott is going through and it is scary. I talked with him last night.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Still praying for you guys Scott! You've got a whole bunch of good people lifting you up today.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
What's your dad's name?

I'll certainly send some good thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and fast / full recovery.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I am sorry I missed this, your father and the rest of the family are in my thoughts. I hope all went well. Once they settle him down things should get a little better for him, he should get some energy back once his heart is pumping better.

Let me know if you need to talk.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Thanks all.

Update on Dad:

Had his surgery and is resting. Hopefully will go home today but we will see. Was told that he has issues with calcium build up on his valves. Will need open heart soon to take care of it. But he says it's not gonna happen. He's not getting cut open. I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Was kinda funny yesterday after the surgery.

Sitting there with my 3 sisters. Dad was able to have some coffee (he was dying for it). But he could not get the cup to his lips with the IV, pressure cuff, and heart rate thinggy on his finger. So my one sister puts the heart rate thingy on her finger. So far so good, no alerts. Then my other sister takes the pressure cuff off and lays it on the bed. Well, you know these things (pressure cuff) go on about every 5 minutes or so to check blood pressure. Well it goes off. Starts pumping air but it is not around anything. So it keeps getting bigger and bigger, almost to the explosion point before my sisters fess up. I was pissin my pants. My dad had no clue what we were laughing about because he was still a little out of it. The nurse finally comes in and here I am laughing, the balloon is ready to launch from the bed, and my sister is stretched across the bed with her finger still in the heartrate thinggy.

BUSTED.

Then I got my other sister riffling through the supply drawers snatching bandages that she says only the hospitals get. I had to slap her upside her head. She kept taking them out and I kept putting them back. Every family has one of these types.

So, at the end of the day. It sure relieved some stress being part of the Henderson Side Show. I had all the nurses busting out laughing. Of course I had about 8 cups Starbucks and 6 Excedrine going. So I was a little charged up.

Again, thanks for all your support. I honestly can't thank you all enough. It really helped me and th efamily get through it.

Peace

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Glad things are turning out well so far, Scott.
Prayers still sent for speedy recovery.