What's new

New box of L40's Covered in Plume!

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's not plume, the Saka ferry flies over the DE factory at night and sprinkles ferry dust on the Ligas. You should see his cute little wings. *Grin*
SS sprinkles crack on them!!! Let the addiction begin!!! LOL There is a 12 step process to be cured but it has never worked for anyone yet!!! :headroll:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps they are the crystalised tears of those of us who have difficulty finding Drew Estate products!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Odds of it being plume are slim due to age. I have seen cigars plume in just a few years, but that's rare (and these aren't that old). And as others have said, regardless of what it is I'd just wipe them off with a slightly damp towel and you're good to go. Even if it's plume, wiping it off won't hurt (it's not like plume tastes good in itself or anything).

But forget about the age for a moment. IMHO, it's raised off the wrappers too much to be plume. Yet, it doesn't look like any mold I've seen either (though maybe I can't zoom in as far as Jfire). It does not look like sawdust to me either, though it could be.

My guess is that it's something organic from either the wrapper itself--many stalk-cut wrappers are just naturally sparkly--or just dried pectin from the rolling process. It could be gold dust from a poor batch of bands as well (I've seen tons of sparkly cigars that are just residue from the gold on the bands).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Odds of it being plume are slim due to age. I have seen cigars plume in just a few years, but that's rare (and these aren't that old). And as others have said, regardless of what it is I'd just wipe them off with a slightly damp towel and you're good to go. Even if it's plume, wiping it off won't hurt (it's not like plume tastes good in itself or anything).

But forget about the age for a moment. IMHO, it's raised off the wrappers too much to be plume. Yet, it doesn't look like any mold I've seen either (though maybe I can't zoom in as far as Jfire). It does not look like sawdust to me either, though it could be.

My guess is that it's something organic from either the wrapper itself--many stalk-cut wrappers are just naturally sparkly--or just dried pectin from the rolling process. It could be gold dust from a poor batch of bands as well (I've seen tons of sparkly cigars that are just residue from the gold on the bands).
This was exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for explaining it way better than I am able to articulate.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Anytime, brother :)

And to the OP -- Congrats on even scoring a box of L40s! I'm a Liga whore, and I've only been able to get 1 box myself. So well done, and enjoy! I think they're fantastic. Like them more each time I have one.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

i really do NOT think it is pectin; fuente has recently gotten glue happy recently, i see that a lot, and it does not look like that at all. and, yes, either mineral deposits on the capa (think TAA'12) or band flakies are possibles, but it really doesn't look like that either. good ideas, but i just don't see it.

keep them segregated, keep watch, enjoy them, and hopefully SS or JD might chime in on this.

just out of curiosity, where did you score these?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
What sort of wrapper do they use on the L40? I've seen CBL put out crazy crystals with only a little bit of age. Not sure if it qualifies as plume but it's cool to see.

-Charles

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
could it just be minerals that were in the soil deposited onto the outside of the wrapper during the drying process. hence the sparkly raised nature... i mean it could be fairy dust, but i just can't be sure.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just wipe 'em off and enjoy them. I've had Anejo's that were much "fuzzier" than those LP's.

Nice box, man! Those are hard to get these days :)