What's new

New from SoCal

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello and :welcome: from Chattanooga. We are glad to have you join us here. I know you will enjoy our website and brotherhood. Make certain your hygrometer is calibrated correctly and that you are leaving enough air space around the cigars for circulation.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks all!

@mcroom: I'm actually going to have to replace the battery on my hygrometer soon so I was planning on re-calibrating it then

@NIZZLE: I have re-read the thread and have decided to partake in the cause! Looking forward to hitting the boards with a strong start.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
As the board's official place-name Nazi, welcome from Southern California...

San Diego, to be precise.

Good luck with your issue. The only thing I can think of is

1) your tastes are changing,
2) your cigars are all going through "the sickness" together which would strange,
3) or maybe you just need more cedar in the new wine fridge - maybe your humidor did a great job imparting cedar notes into your sticks, and your tastes are so calibrated to that "balance", that everything tastes "different" now that you have moved into a new environment.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Welcome from a former socalite... I've gone through a bitter/sour stage... It was me, not the cigars... I was pairing with beers a lot and it really hurt the flavor of the cigars

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@sean & Myfirstandlastname: I thought the same thing, so I had my buddy take a couple drags from my cigar and he got the off-putting bitterness/sourness as well.

@Myfirstandlastname: I used to pair all my cigars with beer/scotch but I have indefinitely stopped drinking some months back but I find that pairing any cigar with any beverage usually cuts the finish of the cigar short, so when I smoke a nasty cigar I take a quick drink of something and the bitterness is usually gone.