What's new

new guy from Michigan

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Doofus said:
Oh. Do yourself a favor and get a cooler-dor.

You'll be glad you did.
I've never even heard of them until a day or so ago, I still don't get the purpose (a cheap humidor?), I'll have to read up on em. If they are really just a cheap humidor because they don't look fancy then I will have to get one, I'm keeping my humi at 65% and it would be nice to have another at 70% for aging.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yep, it is a cheap alternative to a cabinet humidor. Tons of storage for very cheap. I have some photos in my gallery (see my signature). Beads work great for regulating the humidity.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
caudio51 said:
Yep, it is a cheap alternative to a cabinet humidor. Tons of storage for very cheap. I have some photos in my gallery (see my signature). Beads work great for regulating the humidity.
Nice pics, I'm sold.... a humi that size would cost several hundred dollars if it was a decent one. I've already got beads on the way for my current humi but it looks like I'll be placing another order in the near future.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I have a 1lb of beads in my 160qt cooler. They work great. It gets pretty dry hear in NJ and very humid in the summer. I got the boxes from my local store. I really like it. Of course I'd rather have a nice cabinet but funds don't allow that...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard :)

If your offer for computer help is for real, I have this problem with my girl friends' pc.....it seems to be infected with some sort of virus.
It's called "XP" :(

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome! A great starter book is "The Idiots Guide to Cigars". It has alot of good info and explains alot. It is a bit dated, 1997, but it shares some good knowledge on our great passion! Most book stores have at least one copy, Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, etc. If not, you can find a copy on ebay. I think the cost is about $12.00

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
:welcome: Welcome aboard Patrick. BTW the last computer I tried to fix was with a hammer, so I won't waste your time. Enjoy the site.