What's new

New Humi Needs Stix

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So my new humidor is coming in next week. It will hold about 250 large smokes. The current stash is about 30 or so. I want to load this thing up with some base smokes and have room for some the other special buys. I think i'm gonna need about 6 boxes for a base.

I know 2 are going to be Oliva V double toros and 1 box of Fuente Best Sellers.

The question is what should I do for the other boxes and is there a place where I can buy all of it and get good smokes with a decent discount for the bulk buy.

Thoughts?

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
odds are, a "250" count humidor does not how 250 sticks...
and loading it up with 6 boxes just to load it up is not a great idea, unless you smoke the same cigars every day, and never get sick of it...
(I have a customer that buys 1 box of perdomo 10th Anniversary Criollo Torpedos every single week, and does not like any other cigar) Odds are, you are not like this guy, and enjoy different smokes...
Take your time, it's not a race.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Have you ever tried the Oliva V torpedo or belicoso's ? I preffer them, but I like the torpedo shapes myself, they are my fav. consistant smoke.
You really have to figure out what you like or give everyone some idea of your prefferance as there are hundreds of sticks to choose from with no idea what you're into

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Relax, just make your regular purchases and it will fill up before you know it. If you worry about stocking it, down the road you will more than likely end up with sticks you do not care for as much.

Soon enough you will go to the humidor for a smoke, and think, "oh yeah I need to try that." Or, " I have one of these still," Or, "Another year, wonder how this has changed since I smoked it last year."

Just my thoughts.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
depending on how organized you like your humidors and what size smokes your probably going to fit between 175 to 200 in that humi. I believe variety is the spice of life so instead of box purchases i'd look to buy some samplers, but thats me. so to answer your question id stock it with.

JDN Celebracion
perdomo lot 23
DPG Cuban Classics
Alec bradley tempus or Select cabinet reserve
Brickhouse
Ashton VSG

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Don't know about your tastes but here is what I would do: (since you didn't say anything about price, I didn't go too crazy or too cheap and no CCs.)

Anejo 46
Padron 2000
t52 robusto
dirty rat
PDR 1878 Habano Corona
t52 flying pig

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I agree with the samplers!!!! Go for Samplers. what i did at first was i ordered a few samplers to try what i liked. the best part was if there were ones i really didnt care for and i had multiples... guess what those were for the non palated friends that only smoke a cigar or two a year. its always nice to have friend stock of cigars. Also depends on your preference but Tats, Don Pepin Blue Labels, Ashton VSG, San Cristobal, Arturo Fuente, Get some value sticks for days when your not sure what you want but you want a smoke. And as said you wont fit a full 250 so id say i wouldnt go over 150 sticks purchased so you have room to organize and expand. :) and enjoy my friend

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you go with samplers take a good look at what is in them. For example many CI samplers will have a few good cigars and then a bunch of CI exclusive garbage. Theres definetly some great samplers out there but theres also a lot of bad ones.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for all the replies. I actually ordered the humidor custom made. I designed it for 290 - 6x60 cigars because that has been my main smoke so know I'm going to have room left over after 6 boxes. I'm a bit excited so I'd like put a couple things in there I can enjoy and maybe some I can age. Waiting for all isn't really an option, I'm a bit of an instant satisfaction person.

With that said, I like the sampler idea and maybe I'll try a couple box splits if anyone is up up for it. Friend smokes are another good idea.

So here's what I'm thinking, anyone who likes big smokes in the realm of full bodied and 6x60 and has a suggestion I'm up for a box split. Worst case I have some some good smokes that others like and I can start bombing people like a noob should.

Last edited: