What's new

New Humi

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Josh,

You have a few options. First, if Mark confirms the diameter of the current humidifier in that humidor you'll know if the Heartfelt metal version will fit. Second, you could simply pick up "The Puck" to replace the included humidifier. It would be round instead of rectangular, but that's really just an aesthetic deal. Third, order some beads from either Mark or Dave and when you get the humidor, take that humidifier, grab a small flathead screwdriver and carefully pry the humidifier open. Remove the green foam inside, put some beads in a pantyhose or one of those small filter bags you find at pet stores and fit it into the plastic humidifier. It'll take some trial and error to get the right number of beads in so that you fill it without over stuffing it, but you can do it.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
awright boys...after much consideration I've decided to order this one from mark.

Mark...once again thanks for everything man...awesome service!

Now I do have two more questions (I'm sorry everyone):

1) a friend of mine (not from this site) is hooking me up with four of the boveda easy seasoning packets. do these work? is four enough for this humi? how long do they need to sit until they are all set?

2) I am planning on upgrading my hygro to the adjustable round digi hygro, and replacing the humidification media with heartfelt beads. My question is which (if any) of the following two will fit in the humi, and if i put in the beads, can i completely remove the other media, or should it be left there

http://heartfeltindustries.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=41&osCsid=54c7c692ad179cb89dcdde07647dd92b

http://heartfeltindustries.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=78&osCsid=bffa26c148b00610fe9b405da36812c5

Any help as always would be VERY much appreciated...Thanks In Advance Fellas!!!
I think there are directions w/ the season packets, but it should only take a few days.

Beads are the way to go. No question about it. It's a very reliable media that pretty much takes all the science out of humidification. K.I.S.S.

The Cordoba is a nice looking Humidor! I wish that I had kept my desktop (Stripped it of it's wood) because it's so much easier to grab a few out of a box and stick them in there w/o opening up the coolers looking for a cigar.

Remember that deals come up and you will probably outgrow that humidor relatively fast, unless you have good restraint and awesome will power! I would suggest looking for a cooler if the need comes up (Probably will)and use the desktop as your "go to" cigar box.

That's just my opinion though...:cool:

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
awright, so I ordered the cordoba and received it on friday...and it has been seasoning ever since. Man, I can;t wait to load this bad boy up as I am in desperate need of additional storage, and i need it yesterday.

Mark, the humi is gorgeous, everything I was expecting. Just one small ding on the corner (probably from shipping however. regardless, thanks for all the hard work and communication...look forward to doing business in the future.

A funny sidenote however...when the humi arrived here was the response from the wifey: "so much for buying a new humi for you for christmas" HAHA!

oh well, maybe I can squeeze a cab out of her instead?? who knows?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
You can use this sit http://imageshack.us/

Then, resize them, I use for the 21 inch monitor. It will then give you a direct link, I add that link to the post using the Mountain Button (add image) which is next to the globe and paper clip. I add all the photos one by one. Then post

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
for your viewing pleasure...:smokingbo

Mods:
~replaced green florists foam with hearfelt beads in the provided humidifier
~upgraded hygro: adjustable round digital hygrometer
~added 2 small 6" spanish cedar dividers to add more "compartments"
~added another small pantyhose sack of heartelt beads in corner of bottom of humi

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

P.S.~Thanks for the help tom!