What's new

New iPods

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Well, she can't have more than 8GB of music, can she? :popeyes: :dunno: I think the Nano would be perfect, the size depends on what you're willing to buy, papa :rofl:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Kevin, Nano. She doesn't need anything more really.

Another consideration is this, does it have to be an "IPod"? IPods are expensive, no matter which one you are getting (depending on your definition of expensive of course). You alone can judge your daughters level of responsibility, but what I'm saying is tha there are plenty of basic MP3 players out there that cost quite a bit less than an Ipod. Something to consider. Though really, now that I've handled one, there really is no replacement for an IPod. :)

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
She really is a very responsible kid, my other daughter, well we're working on that!!! She was looking at these things called mix stix or something like that. They are around 80 bucks and I was thinking of that for her, but you guys know a whole lot more than me about this stuff.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I got my wife a Sandisk model that we both like better than our Ipods. It has am AM FM player and you can record from AM FM. We aslo use that am/fm so we can watch TV at the gym. Sandisk is the leader in flash memory, most of the memory cards in your cameras are from sandisk. But being she is younger the IPOd name may be more important.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well I finally went to one of my local Apple stores today and played with the new iPods.

The new Nano is wicked-cool, so much smaller than any other iPod with a screen!

The iPod touch is freakin AWESOME, and I really want one...but the iPhone just has too many more features to pass it up.

My phone contract with Sprint ends in Feb, so I think I'll wait till then and buy an iPhone instead of an iPod touch.

They are all spectacular products!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I must be getting old, my cell phone makes calls and that's it, no games, no phone, just makes/receives calls. My MP3 player (not ipod) was $80 at Wal-Mart, stores something like 500 songs (which I only have about 60 on it) and is just perfect for me. Absolutely no offense to those who have iphones and $400 ipods, but I'll save that cash for more Opus!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Well for me, I'm looking to get one so I can hook it up to my Apline radio and not have to worry about CD's or commercials on the radio. The only thing that's holding me back is that I'm not sure if the cable that hooks up to the radio is compatable with the new Nano.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Well for me, I'm looking to get one so I can hook it up to my Apline radio and not have to worry about CD's or commercials on the radio. The only thing that's holding me back is that I'm not sure if the cable that hooks up to the radio is compatable with the new Nano.
I'm sure it is the same as the previous.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
OK, so my daughter is 9 and we are thinking about getting her an ipod. What the hell should I get??? I don't know jack about this stuff.
If she just wants something to put tunes onto then the little shuffle would be enough. Otherwise the nano is pretty indestructible (no hard drive, all metal case etc)

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
WTF is that crap? I can't believe some of the customer service nightmares. I would have camped out at that store until someone found my money or an Ipod.
Yeah, Target really screwed-up that customer service situation! Ouch!

I'd be *pissed* if that happened to me and the store refused to refund my money!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Not really Josh, you have to add them with the PC and can't do it on the pod itself.