What's new

New Irons????

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Going to look for a new set of irons and hit some balls tomorrow...over 2 years in school and this long winter got me the itch bad!!! I prefer an iron/hybrid set and was wondering if anyone had suggestions. I had my eye on TaylorMade SpeedBlade 3H-4H, 5-PW Combo Iron Set with Steel Shafts... If anyone has these some input would be much appreciated. I'm up for any suggestions as far as what clubs or a place to get a good deal or any sales going on. I know golfsmith has a 15% sale and free shipping right now. Thanks in advance, need some golf in my life!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Going to look for a new set of irons and hit some balls tomorrow...over 2 years in school and this long winter got me the itch bad!!! I prefer an iron/hybrid set and was wondering if anyone had suggestions. I had my eye on TaylorMade SpeedBlade 3H-4H, 5-PW Combo Iron Set with Steel Shafts... If anyone has these some input would be much appreciated. I'm up for any suggestions as far as what clubs or a place to get a good deal or any sales going on. I know golfsmith has a 15% sale and free shipping right now. Thanks in advance, need some golf in my life!
I purchased the Taylormade SpeedBlade irons last year. 4 iron through PW. I absolutely love them. I was playing the Titleist AP2 irons for 6 yrs or so. The Taylormade irons are more forgiving. The sweet spot is bigger and miss hits go farther than the AP 2 irons. The trajectory is also higher. I took the time to get fitted with the correct shafts. I would encourage you to do that. It makes a big difference to have the correct shaft for your individual swing. I ended up with Rifle Project X shafts in 6.5. As far as hybrids go, I can't say. I personally have Titleist Hybrids in 19 degrees and 21 degrees. Easier to hit than long irons. I'm considering ditching my 4 iron in favor of a third hybrid. Good luck. PM me if you have any more questions.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I purchased the Taylormade SpeedBlade irons last year. 4 iron through PW. I absolutely love them. I was playing the Titleist AP2 irons for 6 yrs or so. The Taylormade irons are more forgiving. The sweet spot is bigger and miss hits go farther than the AP 2 irons. The trajectory is also higher. I took the time to get fitted with the correct shafts. I would encourage you to do that. It makes a big difference to have the correct shaft for your individual swing. I ended up with Rifle Project X shafts in 6.5. As far as hybrids go, I can't say. I personally have Titleist Hybrids in 19 degrees and 21 degrees. Easier to hit than long irons. I'm considering ditching my 4 iron in favor of a third hybrid. Good luck. PM me if you have any more questions.
Awesome brother! Yeah I'll be hitting them tomorrow, and if I make the purchase I plan on getting fitted ( I did not do this with my last set, so I'm hoping for improvement) thanks for the info.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
With the golf smith deal there going for 552.49.... Best price I'm finding right, I was aiming for under five, but seems like a good deal considering competitors pricing

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Ping S56 for me. I want the 55s, but these are good. I play all irons unfortunately (even a 2 iron driving iron) so I'm no help there. I had AP2s for awhile as well. I absolutely loved them but switched on a whim to the pings.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
With the golf smith deal there going for 552.49.... Best price I'm finding right, I was aiming for under five, but seems like a good deal considering competitors pricing
That's a great price. I didn't get that good of a deal. Good luck with the fitting, and let us know if/when you buy them.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
That's a great price. I didn't get that good of a deal. Good luck with the fitting, and let us know if/when you buy them.
I was going to go to golf Galaxy because there is one pretty close to me and see if they price match... But I found a golf smith not to far from me so I might as well make the drive and smoke a cigar on the way! I'll let ya's know how I make out. Thanks for the input

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Mizuno MP-H4 here. Love them but I don't know much about the golf. Only been golfing for two years.
$1100 for them but bought very slightly used for $400.

the Rocketbladez are often 3-400 on sale and seem to be highly rated. in the last week, I have seen some very nice irons for cheap but I was not in the market so I don't remember. Look up www.dealtrackergolfcom

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Mizuno MP-H4 here. Love them but I don't know much about the golf. Only been golfing for two years.
$1100 for them but bought very slightly used for $400.

the Rocketbladez are often 3-400 on sale and seem to be highly rated. in the last week, I have seen some very nice irons for cheap but I was not in the market so I don't remember. Look up www.dealtrackergolfcom
Cool thanks man, I'm the same way ...don't know a ton about the ins and outs just know I love to golf! This will be my 5th year out...finally got some time and money figured I'm due for a new set.... I plan on hitting the rocket blades as well ...thanks for the link broski

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Cool thanks man, I'm the same way ...don't know a ton about the ins and outs just know I love to golf! This will be my 5th year out...finally got some time and money figured I'm due for a new set.... I plan on hitting the rocket blades as well ...thanks for the link broski
I would wait and check out all options. If you want a new set, I just got a magazine that reviewed all the new irons. Ping g30/mizuno 850 and the Bridgestone were rated very high. I really would recommend getting a lightly used set if it saves 40-70 percent.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
For me it wasn't so much the clubs. Although a new set of fitted irons was essential. But lessons with new clubs was the key. Even for guys playing for years I think they tend to overlook a good set of lessons to tweak their games. Go for a set that fits and feels good. Get the cheaper of the two. Then pay for a set of lessons with the new clubs imo.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
For me it wasn't so much the clubs. Although a new set of fitted irons was essential. But lessons with new clubs was the key. Even for guys playing for years I think they tend to overlook a good set of lessons to tweak their games. Go for a set that fits and feels good. Get the cheaper of the two. Then pay for a set of lessons with the new clubs imo.
Im with ya! I've taken lessons with a couple guys, have yet to find one I really enjoyed working with. Don't get me wrong what they taught me helped my game, but for the money I wanna enjoy working with ya too ... New clubs won't necessarily make you a good golfer, but there's something about nice weather rolling in, and opening a fresh, shiny set. That new club smell!! Very similar to peeling the cellophane of a new box purchase, just makes ya feel good! But, 100% for game improvement, lessons is where it's at. Thanks brother!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Thanks for the help gentlemen, went and hit clubs for a couple hours and left with a pretty heart blister and a lighter wallet! Ended up going with the TM Speed blades hybrid combo...though the ping g30's were nice... Speed blades are Little bit of a lighter club then I'm used to... Think they are around 85 grams but suites me well considering I tend to swing a little slower... Clubs should be in by the end of the week .... PUMPED! Thanks again for the input!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Congratulations on your new TM irons. You are going to love them. What shafts did you go with? Here is a couple pics of my irons and a project X shaft.
004.JPG 005.JPG

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
nice irons.. i'll be looking for a set in the summer or fall, hopefully the gf remembers to tell friends and family to get gift certs for my local range/fitting shop

was admiring the ping g30's, hopefully can be a nice deal by then.. how would it work, getting fitted at a shop then buying online? or would a local shop semi match a price?