What's new

New Irons????

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
nice irons.. i'll be looking for a set in the summer or fall, hopefully the gf remembers to tell friends and family to get gift certs for my local range/fitting shop

was admiring the ping g30's, hopefully can be a nice deal by then.. how would it work, getting fitted at a shop then buying online? or would a local shop semi match a price?
Some shops will price match... I would just keep an eye on sales. As far as fitting your probably better getting everything done at the shop you are buying from. And if your buying clubs from them, they will usually throw in some services for free.... g30's are nice I hit them around for a while

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Pretty sure the g25s will be. Can't imagine the g30s will be this year. Ping is not Nike which discounts at the end of the year. They wait more than one cycle usually. But who knows what can happen this year.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Pretty sure the g25s will be. Can't imagine the g30s will be this year. Ping is not Nike which discounts at the end of the year. They wait more than one cycle usually. But who knows what can happen this year.
This is true...even when store has sales.. Ping usually excluded

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i'd be in for anything really.. right now i'm hitting callaway diablos i got for 150 from driving range/shop a couple seasons ago.. the week before i asked them how much and he said 300, when i went back i guess he misquoted and i for 150

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i'd be in for anything really.. right now i'm hitting callaway diablos i got for 150 from driving range/shop a couple seasons ago.. the week before i asked them how much and he said 300, when i went back i guess he misquoted and i for 150
I use the Diablo driver.... Tried a few others and I consistently hit well with the Diablo ... Have a TM r11 as well which seen very little play time, I broke the shaft need to get a new one.... Can't let my Diablo go though

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Going to look for a new set of irons and hit some balls tomorrow...over 2 years in school and this long winter got me the itch bad!!! I prefer an iron/hybrid set and was wondering if anyone had suggestions. I had my eye on TaylorMade SpeedBlade 3H-4H, 5-PW Combo Iron Set with Steel Shafts... If anyone has these some input would be much appreciated. I'm up for any suggestions as far as what clubs or a place to get a good deal or any sales going on. I know golfsmith has a 15% sale and free shipping right now. Thanks in advance, need some golf in my life!
I play with a set of Ping G20's, 4i- sw, As far as hybrids, I've got a set of hybrids I use, 3h-5h, Adams speed line. Stupid easy to launch out of the rough. I love them
The G20's soles are such that divots are tough. They've corrected that with the later models I've heard, but I'm more of a sweeper anyway, so they work well for me

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I use the Diablo driver.... Tried a few others and I consistently hit well with the Diablo ... Have a TM r11 as well which seen very little play time, I broke the shaft need to get a new one.... Can't let my Diablo go though
Had an R11 for a month or so. Wasn't my cup of tea. I honestly hit my old R7 better than any driver I've ever had, but cracked the heel a while back.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
By power draw I mean massive hook

For ten plus years I slice, now this year I hook.

F this game sometimes
They always say when you are drawing a club you are close to a fundamentally sound swing. You have a full release now. Just need to work on your timing at this point.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
They always say when you are drawing a club you are close to a fundamentally sound swing. You have a full release now. Just need to work on your timing at this point.
That's more encouraging than Sunday morning was :)

Made a few adjustments at range late in winter that made big improvements and stopped me from coming outside in on ball. Basically giving up my baseball swing. Saw improvement right away but hadn't had a lot of time to practice post change so you may be on to something :)

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I took my first golf lesson three weeks ago to get rid of my fade/slice after 5 years of playing and developing bad habits. Changed my grip pretty radically. Now, I'm TWO clubs shorter on distance. Played yesterday and shot a 93. I should stay on the range until the new swing is grooved, but what fun is that?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I took my first golf lesson three weeks ago to get rid of my fade/slice after 5 years of playing and developing bad habits. Changed my grip pretty radically. Now, I'm TWO clubs shorter on distance. Played yesterday and shot a 93. I should stay on the range until the new swing is grooved, but what fun is that?
How did you change your grip? Stronger I assume? You will get your distance back with some time.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
How did you change your grip? Stronger I assume? You will get your distance back with some time.
Yes, stronger. More in the fingertips, with my left hand reaching under way more than before. ( I'm a southpaw).
Then he has me taking half swings with my short irons. Set up like normal, then point your toes at a 45* behind the ball to make me turn the club over and get used to that feel.
I have the typical outside to inside baseball swing.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Our short par three is usually 126- 135. Yds. Usually hit an easy 9 or PW, depending on pin location. Yesterday, it was 123, and a well struck 8 was 5-6 yds short and landed on the apron. Straight flight though. It's frustrating