What's new

New member,And new to cigars

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Texas. You have to start your cigar journey somewhere. Its nice that you get to start it with you son.

1)They seem to be getting more and more enjoyable,is this normal?? Or was the first stick supposed to be just GREAT and I missed it.
Its normal. Your first smoke could be great or horrible. Sounds like your experience wasn't horrible. Buy quality over quantity.
2)Why all the hate for Acid? My first cigar was a Kuba Kuba it was mild and not bad in fact it was pretty good.currently this is my sons go to.
Many have started with infused. Acids, Javas and Nub Cafe line are the go to ones. Coffee and cigars go together which is probably why the java and nub cafe line are good. Never tried Acid smokes. I did not like the aroma. Java was my gateway cigar. I will still smoke one with my BIL. He only smokes a few times a year and likes the javas. As you get more into cigars you will probably move away from the infused. Infused are great for the occasional smoker but as you develop your tastes for cigars and smoke more regularly you will probably get tired of smoking the same flavor over and over. Getting into the non infused side of cigars opens you up to more natural flavors from wide selection of brands. Acids are acids. Same flavor every time. If Acids are what you like , then smoke them. Its about what you like.
3) second cigar was an Olivia series G it was box pressed and we couldn't get it to draw at all.we cut it ,did I need to punch it?
Sounds like the RH was high. Get the perfectdraw for tight draws smokes. Letting your smokes acclimate to your desired RH will usually make the draw better.
As a new smoker I am still in the experimental stage,which is real fun!! ( although it doesn't seam to end with this hobby)
The Acids I've tried were good but not great I will be trying some more traditional cigars when they arrive and go from there.
Famous has good prices on sampler packs I may start there with some other brands
You wear the second person to mention RH on the Olivia's I assumed we were doing something wrong and that seams like the likely problem.

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from New Jersey. Seems like you have a fun journey ahead. I love me a Fuente!! Should give you a totally contrasting moves from the acids. Good to see both sides of the spectrum so you can figure where you wanna go.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Welcome brother, you will find great new cigars as they are released, i am always looking for a new smoke while always keeping a list of smokes i want to revisit. Take a great look at my father cigars and don peppin garcia, tatuaje, aj fernendez, caldwell, warped. There is a who,e world of awsome cigars. Dont forget to register your hummidor

Last edited:

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome brother, you will find great new cigars as they are released, i am always looking for a new smoke while always keeping a list of smokes i want to revisit. Take a great look at my father cigars and don peppin garcia, tatuaje, aj fernendez, caldwell, warped. There is a who,e world of awsome cigars. Dont forget to register your hummidor
Thanks for the cigar tips,that's one reason I came to this forum we are just getting started on this hobby and looking forward to many new tast sensations
OK I'll bite register your humidor ?????

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To every one in this thread
Thank you for the warm welcome,sorry for the delay in responding I was having trouble with my I pad it wouldn't let me post
I fixed it somehow any way it's good to be here