What's new

New Oliva Cigar

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 torpedo's that just landed. Letting them rest so I can fire on up and hopefully that will be same time they start hitting the shelves again and pick up more up.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The Melanio is a limited production cigar, they are limiting production monthly so they will be around, just not in mass quantities.
Thanks for that info.

I have 3 torpedo's that just landed. Letting them rest so I can fire on up and hopefully that will be same time they start hitting the shelves again and pick up more up.
I don't think they will need much rest - if any. The one i smoked had just arrived at my B&M and i smoked it there. The draw, burn and flavor was fantastic ROTT. None of the 3 people smoking them had any complaints either.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Can't really justify the cost on these. Considered a tweak in the regular V production line cigar just doesn't appeal to me at $13 a stick when I think there are sticks coming out I want more. Guess this is one I'll have to pass on.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks for sharing , Dan. I haven't really gotten into smoking Oliva brand yet, this might sway me. haha!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just smoked one of the figurados. Much more full-bodied than the #4. I was surprised. It lasted 2 hours and didn't quite have the complexity of the #4. Still a very good cigar, but $14 is slightly steep, although it's better than many smokes that cost more, imo. The $8 #4 is perfect for me.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Interesting, I'm smoking the Churchill right now and prefer the 4 over it. Though, I still plan to try the other sizes just to give each their chance. For me, Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapped cigars have been very tasty as of late.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just burned my first, a robo, and am still thinking about it an hour later. they ain't cheap, but they do leave an impression.

to me, it was rich, elegant, and smooth, and i think in some ways a comparison to the padron anny is justified.

my vote: pick at least one up, just to try. o)

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Also, the guy at the b&m where I picked this up said that this is basically the same blend ad the Fernandez Aganorsa blend. I have no idea how accurate this is. Does anyone else know?

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
just burned my first, a robo, and am still thinking about it an hour later. they ain't cheap, but they do leave an impression.

to me, it was rich, elegant, and smooth, and i think in some ways a comparison to the padron anny is justified.

my vote: pick at least one up, just to try. o)
Totally agree with you Sean and ATL. Though I've only had 3 as of right now, I prefer them to 64's(though they will still have their place for me). Smoked the Torpedo tonight, it was excellent for me; it left a great and lasting finish on my palate. I'll be looking for more along with the 4.

Also, the guy at the b&m where I picked this up said that this is basically the same blend ad the Fernandez Aganorsa blend. I have no idea how accurate this is. Does anyone else know?
FWIW as of an April 2010 CA article, Oliva Cigar Co. grows all their own filler and bunching tobacco. http://www.olivacigar.com/PDF/cigar_aficionado_april_2010.pdf IIRC, Fernandez leaf is grown by Tropical.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Read the same feeling from another brother, though to me and what I've had they were ready. Try another, but the Melanio just may be a line that doesn't suit your preferences. .02

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm smoking the Melanio #4 right now. It's great, rott, very smooth and I'm getting a lot of different nuances in the smoke. It looks like a box-pressed petit robo/corona mix. Really great looking cigar and a perfect size for the colder weather upcoming. I think I need another box :)
I got 2 of the no.4, robusto and torpedos. So far I have only smoked the no. 4 but it was awesome. This and the Quesada Jalapa were the 2 releases that I was most psyched for from IPCPR and neither disappointed

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow these Melanios are smoking great, particularly the Torps. Don't see myself going back to the regular line as the flavors here are richer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wow these Melanios are smoking great, particularly the Torps. Don't see myself going back to the regular line as the flavors here are richer
Everyone's budget is different, but I don't think the Melanio #4 will replace the regular V4 in my humi. It's twice the price, and it is better, but 2 for 1? I dunno.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Had my first this week, the petit corona size. I really enjoyed it and was surprised at the amount of smoke that rolled of this little bugger.